The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Delighted that I finally found a tyre and exhaust centre prepared to change an inner tube for me (the first 4 couldn't or wouldn't). Not only that but he did it for free! 

That's 4 punctures in 7000 miles on the same wheel - caused I'm told by the inside of the tyre breaking down. New tyres on the shopping list again!
Hi Peter

If a 19inch tyre presumably a motor cycle outlet would be the best bet. But if the tyre is old and hard the firm's caution was justifiable. I did/do much of  my tyre work even on the "moderns" and some 19 inch were a battle. I chanced to obserev a guy in a tyre firm tackling one and despite vastly greater brutality and even worse language he also struggled.
(The problem with modern cars is breaking the bead free and pulling the wheel out of the tyre; both done in a jiffy commercially). Possibly the fact that the closed centre wheel does not suit most machines is the problem. i used to use rubber grease but found this lifts any traditional patches....)
Went to to VSCC pub meeting at Hawkedon, chatted to mates, had a beer and an excellent sandwich and then drove home. Proved I need to do some changes before the start of the hill climb season
Pretty good Saturday lunchtime really.

C
I went out for some excellent fish and chips and then on to Dava Moor.

The snow gates were closed at Lochindorb, which was a great pity.

Looks like a cracking ride out, most envious. We’ve had no snow to speak of.

The delights of nav rallying, but being Sunday in early February on the dining room table. An Inter-Register event so will PWA7C benefit from lots of points from Team Rhodes coming 2nd in their Ulster and Ecurie Cooke joint 3rd in the Special. This reporter entered a Chummy, the lack of an engine not being important on a table top. The other Chummy, from the Bradshaws swept to a class victory, meaning they will now have to enter as Experts. The Halda Speed Pilot was just for fun, seeing it on a shelf I thought I'd take it out for an hour. I wonder if such mechanical equipment is banned from Inter-Reg events. 

As for a chippie being open in Scotland on a Sunday, good lord what a wild liberal culture has developed! Next I'll be hearing that Sunday drinkers from Kirkintilloch no longer have to get the bus to Bishopbriggs.
Just go to a motorcycle  shop there set up for 
Spoked wheels , most will do them by hand and
Have innertubes in stock.
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
Thank you Spannerman, excellent suggestion.

Ruairidh, are they Smiffy's chips? a favourite stop-off point for us!
Some visible progress at last. Spent the last two days at work riveting the floors, tunnel  at associated articles together. Finicky work having to keep things square etc and drilling holes for the cleco fixings  so that they can be removed one at a time and a rivet put in its place and formed. Slow to do but rewarding in the end,

One thing that has me puzzled is the row of four holes at the outside rear corner of the floor where they angle up to clear the spring deflection (I'm assuming)
Anyone have any ideas what they are for?

Thanks,
Stephen
The Royal Fish Bar - Grantown - Peter, really superb!