The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Nippy owner
I suspect that the bonnet and side panels are bespoke and bear no structural resemblance to a genuine nippy one. The fastener you have photographed looks like a "rivnut" to me. Google it.
Do you have many trials in Florida? If you lived a bit closer a few of us would certainly welcome you to class zero, a good place for your special to start.
Welcome Ralph.  My Nippy special is one of those with a BMC A engine.  Started as a wreck with no engine so fitted a 948 cc BMC A engine and gearbox.  Piston broke in that at 70,000+ miles including daily transport and MCC classic Trials so now fitting BMC A+ 1275 cc (1300) mated (by a kit) to a Toyota T50 box.  Same dimension and easy swap with modified box mount. So I call it a Nippy BM7(T) special  Smile
My boot lid wood frame was too broken to use and my wood steaming to bend was a failure so I made a frame from half inch angle iron by making many cuts on one side of angle and bending to shape then welding up cuts.......alloy angle would be lighter.  I extended the frame to the middle of the lid to mount the spare wheel carier which pokes through the skin so the spare wheel mounts on the outside of the lid leaving me more room for luggage in the boot.  You will need to find someone with an "English Wheel' wheeling machine to make the DOMED skin for the frame so it all looks right.

Keep getting error file too large so pictures will not add.  Will try on new post.

Dennis

Nippy BM7(T) climbing "Beggars Roost" famous MCC trials hill. Showing boot with spare wheel.

Well mysteriously it worked that time!!!!

Dennis
Trying another method to post picture.
Failed! Error message -
  • The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is Version 2.jpeg kilobytes.
    Which does not seem to make any sense?Sorry but don't know how to make file smaller and after 3 hours trying must get back out to rebuilding A7 steering box.
Is it possible to modify "in house" picture posting to accept larger files?  Modern digital camera files even on modest lower settings are probably larger than the "acceptable limits"  Certainly some of mine seem to be.  I have no problems posting any size file on another car club forum I post on.

Dennis
I checked out the "rivnut"...nope, not it. I checked dzus fasteners....similar but not right. This has a male and female fitting. Pretty darn neat setup actually. 

I think maybe an aircraft fitting.

Hey Dennis, awesome pic!  I think you have to find a point in the process and "resize" your pics. In my process there's two point I can do this....but am not the fellow to go through the process....better with tools than on the comp.

I Have a pretty good workshop. Sheet metal, lathe , mill, mig etc. I do a lot of woodwork as well. Knocking up a boot will be no issue.....without the bulge though.

I think thats the way I am going to go and then attach the wheel by a frame on the boot. Hoping to leave a horizontal area frame fwd of the wheel for small luggage. Initial thinking.

I would love to see a couple more pics. There's a Nippy a few hours south of me in the Elliot museum in Stuart. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get access, up close and personal with their Nippy, get an idea at least of accurate.

Had some time to sort the dipstick issue.
(06-09-2021, 11:15 AM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote:  My Nippy special is one of those with a BMC A engine.  Started as a wreck with no engine so fitted a 948 cc BMC A engine and gearbox.  Piston broke in that at 70,000+ miles including daily transport and MCC classic Trials so now fitting BMC A+ 1275 cc (1300) mated (by a kit) to a Toyota T50 box.  Same dimension and easy swap with modified box mount. 

Dennis

Dennis, I appreciate you are now fitting a 1275 A+ engine, but what was the Nippy like on the road with a 950 A series engine? And going up hills?
https://www.img2go.com/
Dennis, Try the above for reducing file size. It's free!
(06-09-2021, 12:18 PM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: Is it possible to modify "in house" picture posting to accept larger files?  Modern digital camera files even on modest lower settings are probably larger than the "acceptable limits"  Certainly some of mine seem to be.  I have no problems posting any size file on another car club forum I post on.

Dennis

If you use Windows 10, open the photo using the built in "Photos" app. Right click in the picture then choose "Resize", just below half way down the menu. You get the choice of Small, Medium, Large or Custom. Save the resized file somewhere in your file structure where you can find it and then upload the reduced file. I choose Small or Medium, reduces several MB files to a few tens or hundred kB.
Ralph. Check your private messages.