The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this realistic
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173136548359?...noapp=true

Do early chassis really command this sort of price?
No idea. Depends how much someone wants a 1923 chassis I suppose but it seems expensive

Never heard the term "Monkey Puzzle gearbox before. What does that refer to?

Thanks

Charles
(04-02-2018, 12:42 AM)Charles P Wrote: No idea. Depends how much someone wants a 1923 chassis I suppose but it seems expensive

Never heard the term "Monkey Puzzle gearbox before. What does that refer to?

Thanks

Charles

The gearbox appears to have the 1923 'ball' joint tailshaft universal - maybe this is what it means but never heard it called Monkey Puzzle.
Strange pictures !
Cheers, Tony.
hi charles,

the monkey puzzle has always been the common name for the coupling joint on the back of the gearbox.

wheather it is worth this price or not, is up to the buyer.

there was a 1923 rolling chassis for sale on the south coast last year, for £10,000. i understand it sold but dont know for how much.

i think this chassis was previously on ebay for £9,???. this chassis may be the one from the south coast quickly coming back up for sale. or just someone copying the price the last one sold for.

either way, weather it is worth this amount. as i suggested on nippys. 100 different austin 7 people will all give you a different value.

i guess the way to look at it is, were else will you get a 1923 rolling chassis. 

" how much would the finished car be worth" if done correctly?