The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB?
You'll find the "What have you done today" thread on page two of the forum thread list, John. If no-one posts then other threads take precedence and the dormant thread drops down the list.
I have finally been able to log in from my work computer today - but remain unable to log in via iPhone or iPad with the following error

"Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

Cookies and history on the iphone have been reset.
Exactly the same error I get in my Ipad. 

C
Now this is odd. I can't log out!!! I sometimes change my login to Archivist for particular posts and wished to do that this morning. but it won't let me! Tells me I've logged out, but then returns me to the initial page that clearly shows me still logged in!!

Now that is wierd!!

Edit: I have been doing some digging on the MyBB support pages. It seems that the inability to logout is a known problem, though there are a number of possible causes. When Management has some time, perhaps some checks on these issues might be helpful...

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/logout/
Still trying to login as Archivist, but this time form a differnt device (iPad) I get the Authorisation Mismatch error message. Again, it seems to be an undocumented feature of MyBB and there are a number of threads about it on the Support Forum. This, for example...

https://community.mybb.com/thread-222521...26897.html

there appears to be a tutorial to resolve it here

https://nulledbb.com/thread-Authorization-code-mismatch

hth...

Hugh
Thanks Hugh

I'd seen that link from the pointer that RD sent.
Seems to confirm it's an issue for Admin to address rather than something users can sort

c
Many thank Hugh,

I shall pass that on.

If others find information like this, please do post it up.
Interestingly, using Window 10 with Edge, I get the Austin Seven Friends logo, together with the Austin and winged wheel badges. "Quote" doesn't work.

On the same computer, with Chrome, I get MyBB logo at the top and "Quote" does work.

Make of that what you can but I suspect it's all down to the handling of the HTML code.

What happens in the dark world of Apple products is a mystery to me and the rest of the world  Sad
It will have nothing to do with Apple vs Windows. My guess is down to some sort of clash with cookies / local storage and how that is handled by the browser.

Most of it will be javsacript issues not html.
...still impossible to log in via Safari; can login (sometimes) via Google Chrome on IPad OS 14.4 and Mojave 10.14.6. but not always...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish