The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaking SU carb
Further to my previous post about my H1 SU leaking from the vent, I have finally found the cause. After fitting a new needle and seat ant still ejecting petrol, I thought I would try a new float. I drilled a hole down the centre of a cork and fitted it in the chamber. I then half filled it with water and tried to fit the top. But, it wouldn't go on. with the cork being so high, the forked lever was at shut mode, and was obviously too long as it had been holding the float down and causing flooding. The correct short lever is now fitted and working fine
(17-02-2020, 07:35 PM)Tatenlyle Wrote: Further to my previous post about my H1 SU leaking from the vent, I have finally found the cause. After fitting a new needle and seat ant still ejecting petrol, I thought I would try a new float. I drilled a hole down the centre of a cork and fitted it in the chamber. I then half filled it with water and tried to fit the top. But, it wouldn't go on. with the cork being so high, the forked lever was at shut mode, and was obviously too long as it had been holding the float down and causing flooding. The correct short lever is now fitted and working fine
Sweet Big Grin