The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanging a car from the roof.
Would love to see a picture when done.
Center of gravity, 2 planks on timber post and drive
on to find balance point?
Ian
Don't anybody quote me on this, but weren't 'military' A7 wheels designed to lift the car by?
Plan A no good. The chain to operate the block would have been 15 foot in the air. Besides it weight nearly 1cwt. Carrying it up the ladder was too difficult.

Have now sorted plan B. A block hung on the roof. And a terfor anchored to the shed wall (steelwork). The lift can now be accomplished from the (relative) safety of the ground
You will probably know this already, but for those who don't and as a general piece of information. If you are lifting or pulling for that matter, 1 ton you will need a 2 ton pulley block, shackles and strop at the top end, as you will have a 1 ton loading in both sides of the lifting/pulling rope.
Hedd.... I'm more than a little curious as to what car you are wanting to hoist up into the air ??

Any pictures.... Also of your steam engine ??

Aye
Greig
A teaser!. Sorry for the atrocious picture. Better pics in the morning. Suffice to say the tirfor is bloody marvellous

Greig, you should be able to Id the car type from the teaser.

[Image: 008_1684.jpg]
(03-09-2018, 09:29 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote: A teaser!. Sorry for the atrocious picture. Better pics in the morning. Suffice to say the tirfor is bloody marvellous

Greig, you should be able to Id the car type from the teaser.

Especially as it appears to be in the Antipodes

C
Hmm. Dunno how I managed to do that. But i'm sure you get the idea.
It appears to already be on the ceiling?

Enough to give you hicups?
Hedd your 'Cup' appears to be half full..... And already on the ceiling

Tell you what, I'm only half way down under in South Africa, but I will clear a space in my garage for it

Aye
Greig