The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I don’t think I’ve seen so many louvres in one bonnet!

It would be wonderful to see this conserved, rather than hacaked to bits to attempt to turn it into some sort of Roesch replica…
A 75 with the crash gearbox - just about my ideal Roesch Talbot... if only!

This was my late mother's car:

.jpg   IMG_0002 retouch.jpg (Size: 94.26 KB / Downloads: 488)
(24-05-2024, 09:11 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: Sorry, not a Seven this time, but yesterday I had the pleasure of appraising this 1933 barn find Talbot 75, 5-seater saloon. A magnificent beast! Love the Town and Country's on the rear.

So the idea of a stretched limo is not new. But only 5 seats?!

Andrew: The Talbot catalogue describes it as a  "5-seater Coachbuilt Saloon."

Mike: Magnifique! I wonder who was the coachbuilder. It's not one of the catalogued bodies. Darracq?
Yes, Chris, it was the standard catalogued body by Darracq, described as a 3-seater (single bench seat) although there was also a two-seat dickey, so technically it was a 5-seater, too!
That is a stunning looking car.
Hi All

Super vehicle! Unfortunately I just don’t have a garage long enough to accommodate it or one like it.

Instead, over the last couple of days, I’ve changed the timing gears on my van engine.  The reasons are lost in time and stem from when I built the ‘spare’ engine years ago (not very well as it happens).  I managed to take the camshaft out and put it back without splitting the block from the crankcase (helps that the cam followers had a flatter regrind). Putting everything back together I treated the engine to a new valve cover and a Ricardo head.(Both the gears and the head from Austin in the shed….thanks!)

Really looking forward to finally doing some trips in this vehicle!

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4191.jpeg (Size: 109.09 KB / Downloads: 307)
.jpeg   IMG_4194.jpeg (Size: 128.48 KB / Downloads: 306)
Well, not today but last week.

We tried to figure out how to fill up our Sevens in Southwold but couldn't make it work

Never mind, a trip to the Southwold Harbour was more traditional.

Steve
I suppose the Austin 7 might be described as eclectic but never electric. Tongue
Are the plug in things not compatible with six volts?