The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Didn't Take Long....
Can I buy an extra copy?
Since the Prescott programme is mentioned, I lent mine to somebody who wanted to go car spotting and will probably never see it again. Are copies of this programme still available?
I have just asked Charlie Plain-Jones for a copy for the Archive as I completely failed to buy one at Prescott. He was able to provide, so it might be worth asking him...
Hi

I was there, with a car registered and arrived at 6.30 on Tuesday after the reception had closed so had to register the next day. I wasn’t given a badge or directed anywhere to get one. In fact I didn’t know they existed to I saw a picture on this forum! Is there someone I can contact to get one?
Thanks
Hi Dean,

If you email me your car details, and address, we can get an attendance badge posted out to you.

dunford1@aol.com
The Pre War club were selling surplus Prescott programmes at the century event. I paid my £5 and have to say it is a great read. The proceeds were going to the charity.
I am clearly very dim, as having read this thread I am still unclear if we should have received a badge along with our goody bag, or if I omitted to buy one when I could have done so

I got the lapel badge which I plan to repurpose as a plaque on the dashboard, but a posh proper job as advertised on Ebay would be good to have. Have I missed out, or is this just a cock up by my purchasing department?
If you drove an Austin Seven to the event, you should have been issued with one automatically and if I’m correct you took your type 65, so you have earned one!
Cheers Ivor, you are correct. I hope there's a plaque with my name on somewhere!
You should have received a plaque when you signed in to the event if you had your car there, Colin. As an entrant with a car there you didn't have to buy one. When I signed in at around 8.20am on the Tuesday morning I didn't get one as did the two people that signed in with me and some others I know of who signed in early on the Tuesday morning. At that time I didn't know there was a plaque. Later, on Wednesday, a friend who signed in on Tuesday afternoon showed me his plaque and told me that some, like me, had missed out. When we went to the Picnic on Thursday I, together with the two people I'd signed in with on Tuesday morning, went back to signing on which, at the time we went, was closed, to try and pick up our missed plaques. Signing on re-opend at 3pm on Thursday and we were there then. A very pleasant lady checked our names off against a list she had and confirmed we should have had our plaques and solved the problem there and then. I don't know if it's true but, later, is was explained that signing on was, originally, scheduled to open on the Tuesday at 10.00am but, due to the heat, opened early at 8.00am. Whilst I, and others, received an email on the Monday telling us this, I was told that the 'plaque handing out person' didn't get the memo and so didn't arrive until 10.00am. Notwithstanding that, Ruairidh's post above seems to indicate that if you were there, had a car there and missed out on your plaque it may be that the situation can be retreived. If you are in that situation, I'd suggest an email to him. He doesn't bite (well, not most of the time anyway!!)

Steve