The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inner steering column removal hourglass box
Thanks Hugh.  My knowledge of manipulating photos in photo editor apps is very low trial and error.  Have tried to cut just the box from that drawing and magnify to fit A4 and print but print out is rather pixelated and blurred so guess will have to wait for the improved version unless you have time to quickly be able to send me a higher resolution of just the box.

I have found a column and box that I must have stripped in the 1970s.....can't remember any details of what or how I did it.
The worm and bearings are stripped off the splines of the inner column.

I think penny has dropped and believe the hitherto mysterious oil seal 1F6106 and its retainer 2K5046 (just a washer?) can be seen in the last photo with 2K5046 held in place by the 4 punched indents and under it the felt seal.
On my box, which does not have the inner controls column. I clamped a short round bar into the hole for the felt to seal around.

Wonder if anyone will ever make a new set of worm (1A6123?)  and worm sector 1A6125 for these 1A6111 boxes.

Dennis

Can a moderator/webmaster remove the 2 duplicate photos (3 and 4) just after the caption "side view end plate 1A6117"
to save any future confusion?  I daren't try in view of strange way posting is behaving at my end.

Dennis

PS similar problems not ever noticed on another forum I often post on.

(21-08-2021, 12:54 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: The races are a simple light press fit, there should be shims for endfloat adjustment, unless water has got in I find these bearings are usually in serviceable condition.

Thanks Ian.  Will play with dismantled column, I have found, to get better understanding and feel for the engineering aspects.  Suspect I will just wash out my box and leave well alone if cleaned bearings feel ok.

Dennis

Messages In This Thread
RE: inner steering column removal hourglass box - by Dennis Nicholas - 21-08-2021, 09:26 AM