The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New purchaser of a 1933 Austin 7
As Hugh says I did indeed bring a top hat over here after Australia got serious about asbestos importation. I was aware of the regulations and obtained an affidavit from a UK supplier of  asbestos free clutch, brake lining and head gaskets. Before arriving in the UK I brought a couple of spare Australian head gaskets with me, but was not game to return them so gave them away, LOL.
I noticed that the underside was clean and not coated in under body deadening , car was not fitted with air conditioning (CFC's). I changed the exhaust gasket, removed the exhaust heat wrapping and winged it with the other gaskets as the car had had recent engine and transmission work. 
The most trouble I had was clean and pest inspection. I had a firm jack the car up and furiously steam clean underneath, we of course made sure there was not a speck of dirt anywhere including behind upholstery. We pulled out insects from both sides of the radiator core and made sure no dirt in the tire treads. We included pictures.
On arrival we failed inspection for something and had to get them to steam clean again at a cost of hundreds of dollars.  I'm always philosophical in these circumstances and take the view overall, I'm lucky. 
Would I do it again, in a heartbeat.

Messages In This Thread
New purchaser of a 1933 Austin 7 - by pshep_66 - 22-02-2021, 04:34 PM
RE: New purchaser of a 1933 Austin 7 - by JonE - 22-02-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: New purchaser of a 1933 Austin 7 - by Ilmoro - 23-02-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: New purchaser of a 1933 Austin 7 - by squeak - 24-02-2021, 12:14 AM