The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity
I shop online when I have to Jon but I'd much rather buy parts I can pick up and look at from friends and enthusiasts in person. eBay is increasingly full of 'incredibly rare collectors items' put up by chancers hoping to make a quick buck (or several) and priced accordingly. Then there's the cost of shipping. Human to human isn't dead yet but it sure is dwindling - specially when it comes to things like finding a reliable machine shop for odd jobs.

As for the tat at autojumbles - well I usually arrive with a shopping list and haven't much patience with stalls that get in the way! If they help fund the event then fair enough, but maybe they could be in a separate area. I guess the supply of decent parts won't last for ever, and perhaps the old car movement will change or even disappear in coming years as rules change and more and more of us pop up to theĀ great highway in the sky...

Messages In This Thread
RE: beaulieu autojumble genius or stoopidity - by Chris KC - 13-12-2019, 01:03 PM