The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Imagine being a teenager in scattered, rural France. One of those is just what needed for getting to whatever 14 to 18-year olds get up to these days - and I strongly suspect it's not changed much from what we did long, long ago.
Certainly beats a Mobylette or a Velo-Solex. I'm just wary of VSPs in general (Voitures sans permis) because most of them are driven by drunks. The Ami seems to be the "Go To" transport for rich kids, because they're not cheap.
The sun was shining and no salt on the roads so we just went for a little tootle, all the way to Harrogate.

Crocus, Stray, mmmmm...can't wait for the cherry blossom!
I prefer Kiwi parade gloss.
Regularly use my 1928 RF saloon to chase into the middle of Brum for gigs, Jewellery Quarter etc. The pollution zone begins half a mile from home so driving the "modern" there would cost me £8 a day.
Reckers you are lucky residing in France. Kiwi polish is now unavailable in the UK unless you can find a shop with old stock. The Kiwi company no longer exports it here. They obviously think the British don’t polish their shoes and boots anymore.

John Mason,
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
You're not looking hard enough, John. 394 listings on eBay alone, plenty more on Amazon.
Fortunately my days of bulling boots/shoes are well past, but for that particular purpose the Kiwi was definitely the best.
Having ideas above my station I always used Meltonian as it had a butler (or footman)on the lid!