The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I think we are taking about different fixings, Charles, the Mag Dynamo is clamped with an oiler fixing on top.
(04-02-2024, 12:04 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I think we are taking about different fixings, Charles, the Mag Dynamo is clamped with an oiler fixing on top.

Indeed you are. My brain was 90 degrees out! Apologies.
Still, the mag dynamo housing is in an equally inhospitable place. 

C
Hi All

Not just today but over the last week or so I’ve swapped the magneto engine that came in my van with a coil engine that I built as a spare about two years ago. The van is very late 1928 so would have had a coil engine. The magneto engine was attached to a four speed box and the conversion had not been engineered very well so my spare three speed is now in the car.

I had hoped to start her up but a duff condenser put paid to that. Hopefully tomorrow!

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_0807.jpeg (Size: 111.42 KB / Downloads: 418)
.jpeg   IMG_3952.jpeg (Size: 119.88 KB / Downloads: 418)
Rather pleased. I finished rebuilding my three-bearing engine recently and sent it away to be test-run and put on a dynamometer. I am advised that it ran well and was producing 21bhp. Should be getting it back in the next few days.

I am rebuilding each piece as it comes off from the car. I just need to sort out the brake cross-shaft and handbrake and then I can start on the chassis itself.

Jamie.
That’s a great result, I’ve had a couple of really good three bearing motors that have performed well.
Having completely re-made the roof last Autumn, I had nervously avoided the test that had to be done, to push it out in the rain to see if it was water-tight. The rain today gave the ideal opportunity and I finally summoned up the courage. Annoyingly, it failed!! However, I am not down hearted, I can see where and why the leak has occurred and remedial work is already underway. More rain tomorrow will give the chance for a follow up test after the repairs have cured over night...

Hugh
I see your rain and raise it with some proper weather.
There are many advantages to an outside forge, just not today...

.jpg   field lr.jpg (Size: 652.7 KB / Downloads: 198)
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Aye, well you are Oop North whilst I am darn sarf....
Nay bother, I am now officially a hardened northerner. Well nearly, a couple more generations and I'll be a local.
The snow might have stopped play on the anvil but there are still supports to be made for a new mantle from a plank I picked up at a local estate who were clearing some dead oaks. I may be a little off topic now...

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(08-02-2024, 11:12 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: That’s a great result, I’ve had a couple of really good three bearing motors that have performed well.

Thank you.

Jamie.