The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
A bit slow on this post. 

New Year's Day provided a break in the weather and the Vintage Stony meeting was well attended by vehicles and the public. Stony Stratford was heaving by lunchtime.

A range of Sevens attended and were distributed around the Market Square. We managed to be allocated a good spot near The Crown. Joined later by a 1926 35/37 Bugatti that created a lot of interest. The Bugatti has turned up a few times over the years and often creates a stir because it appears to be in an unrestored state and certainly well used. 

I had a natter with David Cochrane whilst I was with Harvey and then Colin Cooke also appeared.  

A great start to the year!

Today I did some work on the second Silverstone. After sorting out a number of niggles I got the engine running with the 9E1 head on a few months back, but it still feels like a small victory to have it back together and running again in the chassis. Changing to a high compression Ruby head will make the plumbing a bit less convoluted too. I have a few more jobs to do before I can put the body back on, but it hopefully won't be too long before it's ready to move on.

https://youtube.com/shorts/m1UUm9Zi6S4?feature=share
Hi All

We transported the special down to South Wales for the South Wales A7 Club / Pontarddulais Motor Clib pudding run.  A reasonable number of Sevens and quite a few classics and moderns. A good turn out considering it was -2 degrees C when we set off and only managed 5 degrees by 12 O’clock.

We ended up (after a final sprint along the M4!!) at the Tower Hotel and Spa for a very convivial lunch.

Well done Arthur White for making the arrangements!

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3846.jpeg (Size: 80.7 KB / Downloads: 456)
.jpeg   IMG_0893.jpeg (Size: 100.8 KB / Downloads: 457)
Hi Howard. Yes it was a cold but pleasant day out, nice run out and a very pleasant Sunday lunch at the Towers Hotel. The right crowd and no crowding, S&P
Had a bit of running around to do today to help a friend out. Took the Seven to Oswestry then on to Wrexham, back to Oswestry and then over the mountains home. Total mileage 104 miles. No problems, but it was bl**dy cold on the way back in the dark and it was trying to snow on the top of the Berwyn.
I tried the projector lights today      which replaced the 24 watt quartz halogen bulbs     
Darned impressive improvement!
The plain glass allows the best beam pattern. On my cars, as the glass becomes more 'textured' so the bean pattern deteriorates.
(09-01-2024, 09:31 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: I tried the projector lights today  which replaced the 24 watt quartz halogen bulbs 
The really good bit is the ammeter only shows 3 amp discharge.
(10-01-2024, 10:00 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: The really good bit is the ammeter only shows 3 amp discharge.

Yes, they do make a big difference. Our Ruby is fitted with an earlier type of LED, these are not quite as good as the projector type but even so, the lights are very much improved. With all the lights on, brake lights lit and the wiper going there is still a small positive charge. Perfect for night-time jaunts on the M1 in torrential rain.... Er, possibly not.