The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Who is carving?
Wasn't Victor Melcap in 'One Foot in the Grave'?
Having seen the block in the microwave I was looking for one head in the gravy...
I'll get me coat
(24-12-2023, 04:43 PM)Mick Hanna Wrote: Wasn't Victor Melcap in 'One Foot in the Grave'?

Only in the French version. Big Grin
Bristol A7 Club Boxing Day Run.

Parking up for lunch at the George, Bathampton after a rather muddy run around the Bath and NE Somerset lanes!

My son was driving the Chummy today and we set off home after dark. We reached Chippenham (about 10 miles from Eastern Bath) and one of the LED headlights failed. 3 or 4 miles further on (and only about a mile and a half from home) the other one went out. He tucked closely into the back of our Big 7 and we made it home. It appears that all the solder has melted!

Cheap Chinese rubbish!

Our grandson, Austin [I'd love to say he was named after the marque but that would not be true...], made his first acquaintance with a Seven on Boxing Day. At only just four years old, and already car mad, he was very happy to show his dad the details of the engine bay of the RP. The plan is to get him to Beaulieu next year so he can steer me around the driving test course. [Image: smile.png]

Today the weather has been gales and rain, but inside the workshop it's cosy.  Having undone countless bits and pieces I have now lifted out engine and gearbox ready for fettling all those niggles that have built up over the 20 years since it was last out.  The crane was borrowed from a friend and was last used for a Jag XK120 engine and box, so it's rather overkill for the humble Seven.

Now need a dry day so I can open the garage doors and trundle the jack further backwards and drop the assembly onto the wheeled custom engine stand/trolley.  I haven't actually built that yet, so there will be a short intermission....

A request came through to the club for a 7 to take a 90 year old woman to her 90th birthday party. Apparently, she used to drive a chummy back in the day. The weather was awful even though it is summer and it was 40 miles each way for a 10 min ride but her smile made up for all that. 
[Image: image.png]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well done, Brian (fencepost), for treating the lady to her trip. I now feel guilty because I live less than half the distance from her but wasn't wanting to take my car in the rain.
You should be awarded double points towards the annual Dependability Trophy this year for doing that.
Cheers 
Graham.
Having made a couple of new engine lifting keys, today I put the engine back onto the Speedex wannabe and started to fix it down. So can someone please let me know how this big piece of rubber is meant to be inserted in the small gap around the stud / bolt? 

Oh... and do we think the chap who designed the manhole key chose the diameter with this in mind... it's a perfect fit!