The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Nick, I always give notice of forthcoming Inter Reg events on the forum. Sadly I have no soshal meeja skills, is someone volunteering to do Facebook, or whatever it is that Musk has purchased?
Hi Steve and Nick,

You may be right, Nick. Despite Steve's best efforts, it could be that people haven't yet realised they need scatter rallies in their lives.

For the uninitiated, they are basically treasure hunts in cars. There are various navigation skills required, but organisers (and fellow competitors) are always willing to give guidance on the day. 
Nightjar stands out, as it is in the dark, and there are sections where you get out the car for a bit of orienteering.

Thank you Steve, for promoting the events as you do. I too have very limited use of social media.
I know Steve, and it is appreciated. The use of social media is something we (or at least, some of us) need to use if we are to reach the widest possible audience. Our success in driving up the numbers for last year's National A7 Rally, and of course forThe Centenary Event, would not have happened without the use of widespread emailing together with regular posting on the dreaded Facebook. 

As a temporary measure I am willing to post notices on FB groups of A7 events. Organisers can email ( nicksalmon@splinta.co.uk ) details to me (preferably as something I can simply copy and paste rather than having to write myself). Such details should of course include date/time/venue and a link to an organiser email/website. A suitable image helps to illustrate the posting and attract attention.
Thanks Nick. That'll be really good.
I'll make sure you get the info, as it is released.
Have a good day,
Colin
(14-11-2023, 06:47 AM)Colin Cooke Wrote: Thanks Nick. That'll be really good.
Have a good day,
Colin

Hi Colin

Make sure you put any event info on the A7CA website, contact Roger Brown webmaster@a7ca.org

And on the events page on this forum.  If it’s a ‘special’ event that you know about far enough in advance I could also be persuaded to include the details as a letter to the editor in the Grey Mag.

Cheers

Howard
A trip to Berwick Upon Tweed, from Glasgow in a friend’s big7.

Quiet, smooth and warm, but enough about me…

45mph! You hooligan!
Two wipers, there’s posh
(14-11-2023, 08:27 AM)Howard Wright Wrote:
(14-11-2023, 06:47 AM)Colin Cooke Wrote: Thanks Nick. That'll be really good.
Have a good day,
Colin

Hi Colin

Make sure you put any event info on the A7CA website, contact Roger Brown webmaster@a7ca.org

And on the events page on this forum.  If it’s a ‘special’ event that you know about far enough in advance I could also be persuaded to include the details as a letter to the editor in the Grey Mag.

Cheers

Howard

Thanks Howard. I'll inform the Inter Register coordinators of our conversation here.
Nice weather at the moment down here in Rekkersland, with dry roads so I took the RP out for a run round the block this morning. This is the view from my garage:

[Image: 20231119-120007.jpg]

I'm going to need a hand with that Agava at some time....