The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I love a black Ruby, especially in t’Dales!
A nice pint of Theakstone's Old Peculiar to be had at the Kilnsey Inn too!
That well known spelling mistake.
Alan Fairless
(10-11-2023, 08:12 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I love a black Ruby, especially in t’Dales!

I was surprised when stripping all the paint, that other than the 1950's green on everything but the glass, all the paint was black. Black primer, black undercoat, black gloss.

Bacon rolls, with Daisy, near the Queen’s View - lovely day!

Took Lulu to the remembrance Sunday parade in the village,which was very well attended despite pouring rain throughout the proceedings.
Took the image once the people had moved away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just got back from Nightjar. 5 hours of searching for clues in the Hampshire night. This is always fun, especially when the weather is as good as it was last night.
What a fabulous event, usually organised by the North Hampshire Austin Enthusiasts Group, but taken on by 2 stalwarts of the Inter Register Club, Richard Scott and James Campbell. They adapted the event, to enabled it to happen with a smaller organising team, and it worked really well whilst retaining the spirit of the original format.
There were just 8 pre war cars, and mine was the only Austin. There were also 4 moderns, which are always welcomed. I hope we can get more entries next year, as this is a historic rally that is a great way to round off the year's events.
Provisional date is Nov 16th 2024.
Colin, congrats on having a good night nav event, and well done the organisers for attracting a reasonable size entry. This as been a pretty disastrous season for Inter Register, and thus for navigation events. Three events cancelled, the VSCC entries including more moderns than pre-war cars. Bob Blackstock managed a magnificent MGCC event, with Sevens being the only pre-war entires, and marshals seriously outnumbering competitors. Could not have been more cheerful thuogh. This has been much discussed, why trialling is more popular than ever, why tours are going so well. For the Victory Tour, we had well over thirty participants, but  we had to pull the plug on the Tom Pellow Rally as entries totally failed to reach the minimum number. Post lockdown, something has befallen nav rallies, the response has yet to be determined. Any suggestions?
It's a great shame that numbers are falling. I've not helped; work has got in the way of doing many rallies, and when I'm not away working, I would be in big trouble with the family if I spent the spare weekends doing A7 stuff. Looks like I may be able to support the Inter Register events a bit more next year, as I will be spending less time working away.
Whilst I see the attraction in racing/hillclimbing/trialling etc (especially the sense of community), driving an Austin 7 on the road is what I love most. The Inter Register events are a perfect blend of competition, community and gentle driving round idyllic yellow roads. If anyone hasn't tried them before - look out for the events next year, normally starting with a MGCC event in March, around the Kent/Surrey area.
Hi Colin. Sounds like fun. I venture to suggest that the lack of entries may be in part down to a lack of publicity about these events...