The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My most recent and very successful head removal involved repurposing a pair of manhole lifting keys and some spark plugs with removable electrodes... a short length of scaffold tube through the lifters in the end holes and a sledge hammer...
Three Austins at the Bletchingley classic car breakfast meeting on a wet Saturday morning.

Sunshine today so we took Ruby out for the odd 40 miles on little roads.

Hi Andrew

Lovely colours. You were lucky to get some sunshine.

Keep posting

Cheers

Howard
I did significantly more than 40 miles in the Ruby yesterday. It rained and no photographs were attempted.
(03-11-2023, 09:28 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Andrew

Lovely colours.  You were lucky to get some sunshine. 

Keep posting

Cheers

Howard

I was lucky that an acquaintance was following me, recognised me, took a few photos and bothered to message them to me.
The modern, having blotted its copybook badly, I have been using the Seven as the daily driver this last week. The most miles in a day was last Thursday, when I had to go to Dolgellau in the morning and then to Wrexham to visit a friend in hospital, quite apart from a bit of general running about. Clocked up 150 miles just budging about.
Melbourne Austin 7 club had our annual Melbourne cup weekend Bob Booth pub crawl, 3rd to 7th November.

23 Austin 7's attended, we stayed at Castlemaine Victoria Australia, approximately 220 miles completed.

Below is our Austin 7's lined up outside the very beautiful Maryborough railway station (Victoria, Australia)

The station was erected in 1890, complete with clock tower. In 1895 Mark Twain visited Maryborough, which he dryly observed as being a railway station with a town attached. Some people believe a bureaucratic error led to the station being built from plans for the station intended for Maryborough Queensland, (a much larger town). Information from Wikipedia

We visited an under construction miniature railway in nearby Castlemaine, once complete will be the largest of its type in the southern Hemisphere. I has a scaled replica of the Maryborough station.

.jpg   Maryborough station.jpg (Size: 42.7 KB / Downloads: 529)

Burke and Will monument Castlemaine.

.jpg   Burke and Wills.jpg (Size: 13.87 KB / Downloads: 514)

My son's property Castlemaine.

.jpeg   Daniel yard.jpeg (Size: 201.97 KB / Downloads: 510)
Excellent turnout- well done Colin and Maria Cheesman who organised the run. A grand collection of people and Austin 7s
With it being a lovely sunny day today, and thinking it's only a few weeks till they start salting the roads again, we went for a run in the Yorkshire Dales.

Coverdale is probably my favourite, from Kettlewell towards Middleham. Todays route from home was Birstwith, Duck Street, Grassington, Kilnsey and Kettlewell. Then through Coverdale, Horsehouse, Agglethorpe and Middleham. Into Leyburn to find a baker's shop, then home through Middleham, Masham and Ripon. Sunshine all day, though it was low in the sky towards the end.  About 95 miles of fun, and a number of hills needing a change down into first gear on hairpin bends.

Looking towards Kilnsey and you can see the overhang loved by climbers. I remember seeing them cope with the overhang fifty years ago.