The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
No, I haven't explained myself well enough. I am talking about a bush that is inserted in the clasp mechanism for opening and closing the screen. Although decribed as specifically for an early Ruby, A7 Components part C1-61r is the part i am talking about...
Hi All

Taking full advantage of the heat wave (sorry North of England and Scotland).  Drove over to Abby-cwm-hir where Llewelyn ap Gryffydd is buried then on towards Rhayader. Those who know where to look can just see the water in Caban Coch, the lowest Elan valley dam.  Back via the lake in Llandod for an ice cream.  

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3600.jpeg (Size: 190.17 KB / Downloads: 742)
.jpeg   IMG_3604.jpeg (Size: 120.46 KB / Downloads: 744)
Had an enjoyable run with the PWA7C Sheffield Group around North Nottinghamshire. Back home, my grandson enjoyed himself driving up and down a private road. Click the picture for a higher resolution copy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A good lunchtime turn out for our regular second Tuesday of the month gathering at Liiton. We even had a visiting supercharged Ulster from Tideswell. Boy, did it sound good!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great to see the Rolt Ulster out and about.

Howard
(06-10-2023, 06:09 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: As A.A. Milne put it  "Heads down, tails up, dabbling free"
(I think that pic looks fake though... or you have a long body with short legs? Is this the Guy for the fifth of November perchance? Stolen scarecrow?)

Yes, it's fake. I did think of doing it for real, but was 'advised' against it. Oh for the days when I could do gymnastics!

(11-10-2023, 10:00 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Great to see the Rolt Ulster out and about.

Howard

Yes, and it still goes as well as ever. It's currently used by the owner and son in competition - and the daughter who steals it for road runs (her father says he only knows this because she posts pictures on Snap Chat. An enthusiastic family!
This one is real    
Oh Yes, bin there, dun that!
The Seven had not having been out for over a fortnight due to contractors harvesting the forest adjacent to my home and making the most dreadful mess of the track. The track is now tidier and less full of mud and brash, so I took the little car over to Llangollen to visit a friend of mine. Came back via another friend at Llandderfel, so about 50 miles covered.
I haven't driven the ORT for a week or two so decided it would be good to give it a run. Having pumped up a flat tyre (a job for tomorrow no doubt) and primed the carburettor by pumping for an eternity, I pulled the starter... oh dear. They don't like to be left standing... a few pathetic turns later, I tried the handle and she sprang into life. So apart from air, fuel and sufficient voltage for a good spark it was all good! 

Still... chip shop runs just aren't the same in the modern and she didn't need any help for the journey home. 

Next job is to rebuild a rear axle (when I can find a suitable rear outer hub. I'm sure I have some somewhere) oh no... next but one. Just need to find the repair kit. [Insert eyes up at the ceiling emoji]