The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Today I shuffled the Austins around so as to get the Ulster in the garage for an engine removal to tighten a loose flywheel.   The single seater has been moved into another building on the farm.   Space, even for an Austin 7, is a scarce commodity whilst the building work is in progress.                

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks good Malcolm
Alan Fairless
Looks amazing.

Any reason for different tyres front and back?

When will we see it racing?

Cheers

Howard
What Malcolm is not telling you is that as well as moving his Austins from one garage in Boltby to another is that he and Margaret got married a couple of weeks ago. About time too, mate. Many congratulations.

Steve
Congrats Malcolm

Howard
Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the explanations.

I had (and still have) some fuel drip out of the inlet on the semi updraft SU configuration on my special. After setting the float level to perfection it now only occurs when I start the car but don’t let it warm up fully before switching off.  I wonder if it is something to do with fuel condensing and running back down intake manifold.

To be honest, given your recent nuptials and work on building refurbishment I can understand a slight hiatus in A7 activity  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
+1. Congratulations
Alan Fairless
Getting married was the easy bit!

Whilst the whole business of moving house and garage was daunting, I am already seeing the advantages of living on a farm with a long yard and space for a trailer (when the builders have finished).

I won't post any of the wedding photos.   Perhaps I should have stood in front of the skip and portaloo!   Suffice to say that my new family are much more photogenic than I am.
Malc. So pleased. My Very Best Wishes to Margaret and yourself. Hopefully speak soon after you've caught your breath !
Somehow I have managed to delete my previous post in all the excitement.

Thanks Howard for your thoughts on the fuel dripping from the carb inlet.  I have tried lowering the fuel level and found that the problem persisted, even when the level was very low.  The engine however was not fully warmed up so I suspect that you may be right about the fuel condensing in the intake manifold.

The carb arrangement is very neat and seems to work well.         

Thanks Chris.  Look forward to catching up.