The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Bruce, yes I first tried the one wheel on and one wheel off approach but having ripped off both near side mud flaps, decided this was not such a good idea, hence the straddle approach.
I have “Parker’s” book and am aware of the Road height adjustments, hence why I know mine is set a tad higher, have not found this affects the handling which think is great, but then I’m not racing her.
I know of the people who can re-gas and fit recon hydro gas units, but the MGF has been completely stripped, doors, boot, bonnet off, new front wings fitted and new inner and outer sill sections under the doors, and all rust to rear wheel arches repaired and the whole underside cleaned and wax oiled and sections injected and the suspension components all checked out. The work was carried out by Maidstone Sports Cars.
I do not work on the F as I prefer to work on Ruby.
Like I say ridiculously high pyramid shaped speed bumps!!
………promise, no more on this.
I'm sure we all have some good stories about potholes, but this is a particularly good one: about one mile from where I live is a half-mile country lane linking two more major routes. It has been in an appalling state for about ten years now - full of potholes which the council, from time to time, dollops a few spades-full of tarmac into some of the worst holes. After a few years of this treatment I suspect it ended up worse than if they had left them alone.  So imagine my anticipated joy when the road was closed for four days last week; I ventured up there today and what have they done? Put a thin skim of tar and stones over the unrepaired potholes - it's just as bad as ever, but I suppose it does look better...
Hi all, well you should all come over to us in comrades Mark Drakeford Wales, where 20MPH is now the default speed, so we can now spot the potholes that much sooner. Dictatorship  is alive and well in Wales. S&P.
Reminds me of something I read recently:- It is a legal requirement for us to ensure that our vehicles are roadworthy, yet there is no reciprocal requirement to ensure that our roads are vehicle-worthy.
Recent experience of driving through Germany and Austria suggests it's entirely feasible to build roads smooth as a baby's behind and keep them that way. Considering the amount of tax paid by motorists I feel we have a right to expect the same.
I believe vehicle tax was previously called the Road Fund Licence. What happened to that!?
I wrongly assumed that the speed cushions were designed to allow ambulances to straddle them for a bump free ride, however with parked vehicles that is not possible as I recently found out following one presumably with a passenger at a snails pace over the humps. Provided there is no oncoming vehicles a Seven will pass between the cushions.
The Road Fund was absorbed into general Treasury expenditure in 1936!
The Berlin cushions are designed and spaced so they don't impede buses, cyclists and larger vehicles. Nothing to do with ambulances, sadly.
The interesting story of the "Road Fund" is told here: https://ipayroadtax.com/no-such-thing-as...road-fund/