The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi
 I too am fitting a Hadley crank into a pressure fed Nippy Crankcase. 
I am using a late flywheel which I have just lightened and fitted a new ring gear onto. 
Flywheel and crank currently in my lathe being lapped together so it can all go and be balanced with the clutch cover assembly.
It was our local monthly Sunday morning old car "rassemblement" in Alès today, so as usual I had a run down in the RP. Lovely day. Good crowd, plenty of "interesting stuff" here are a few unusual ones I thought you might like:

Firstly a very tidy Citroen Traction Avant Coupé:
[Image: 20230903-100522-1.jpg]

A Renault 4CV "découvrable" - lovely little Honda S800 in the background.
[Image: 20230903-104538-1.jpg]

A Peugeot 504 Convertible (never seen one before) - shame about the wheels.
[Image: 20230903-104036-1.jpg]

A Fiat of some sort (probably a special, but I can't be sure) - looked far to clean to be real.
[Image: 20230903-101317-1.jpg]

A very tidy and original W125 Merc 280 CE. I like it!
[Image: 20230903-111317-1.jpg]

Finally the saloon version of the Ghostbusters Cadiddlyac Eldorado (I had to turn the camera to landscape to get it all in it was that big
Huge, but very tidy restoration (if you like yanks)
[Image: 20230903-100454-1.jpg]
Oh and I forgot... just to retain the Austin link, a very nice Austin-Healey 3000 Mk3 in LHD:

[Image: 20230903-104130-1.jpg]
The Fiat looks genuine enough - a 508S Balilla.
I'll take your work for it Mike. It looked brand new, but obviously wasn't.
Just got back to our campsite after a FANTASTIC weekend with the Irish A7 Club.  I’ll post more when I have better internet (or more data on my phone!).

Many many thanks to Declan, William, Chris and others…Liz and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3495.jpeg (Size: 113.95 KB / Downloads: 492)
.jpeg   IMG_3493.jpeg (Size: 107.08 KB / Downloads: 493)

.jpeg   IMG_3505.jpeg (Size: 102.94 KB / Downloads: 491)
.jpeg   IMG_3498.jpeg (Size: 101.65 KB / Downloads: 491)
Early morning start to see the mass landing of ballons at the Chatsworth Country Fair. All real - no Photoshop! Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om7ijPT5mOg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi All,

Such a lovely evening, I did something very unusual for me. I just went for a ride in the special. I normally only use it when I'm actually going somewhere specific.
I wanted to check my bigger 'Winter' headlights, and my granddaughter was keen, so we covered 30 miles round the lanes of Northamptonshire in darkness. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face, and my granddaughter was constantly taking pictures and sending them to her Mum. She loved it, although she did get a bit spooked when I stopped in a remote layby to make small adjustments to the lights.
I especially enjoy driving at night, which isn't so easy to do in Summer. I don't plan to rest the car over Winter.

Happy motoring,
Colin
Having recently converted the RP over to LED headlights, driving at night is a revelation. I can actually see where I'm going!
Have fitted door mirrors to my Ruby.  I have found operating without them is too nerve-wracking when I can't look out for impatient drivers overtaking or undertaking when it is necessary to change lanes.  The mirrors are a more modern style often retrofitted to 1950's cars, but I don't find them incongruous with eh Ruby.