The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Running is the absolute best, in the rain.

These cars would last forever, if only we stopped using them!

All will be well, enjoy the return journey, sun is shining in Scotland just now. Smile
Rupert, I would have expected the Orchard at the Lawns to look like a trials section, everyone up to their axles in mud. Has Prescott enjoyed a remarkable micro climate, free of rain?
Some of the Orchard was distinctly trials like, as Prescott most certainly did not escape the rain! Today it seemed to be either blazing sun or torrential downpours with nothing inbetween
Rain?

We drove over to New Quay (Wales) on Friday and secured a tent pitch with a good size hedge to provide shelter from storm Antoni that was due in on Saturday with 50mph winds from the North.  Unfortunately on Friday night it threw it down with very strong winds from the South West right at our tent. Our daughter and son-in-law drove over from Oxford to join us on Saturday and reported difficult driving conditions and lots of rain.

Anyway Antoni proved a bit of a damp squib as far as New Quay was concerned.  On Sunday we did a six mile walk along the Ceredigion coastal path.  Absolutely superb and full sunshine.  Drove home this morning completing a 180 mile round trip.  Fortunately I have absolutely no breakdowns to report (Pride commeth before a fall!)

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3442.jpeg (Size: 145.63 KB / Downloads: 518)
.jpeg   IMG_3445.jpeg (Size: 148.08 KB / Downloads: 518)
In1994 I took the RP over to Caen for the 50th anniversary of the D day landings. On the way home we left Le Havre on a VERY wet morning to drive to Dieppe for the ferry. It was absolutely bucketing it down. When we got to the ferry port I opened the bonnet and saw that all 4 plug wells were full of rainwater (18mm plugs in low comp head at that time) and the car was still ticking over like a good 'un despite the water. Amazing.
We went to the Tunbridge Wells Centre breakfast meeting this morning. 
This month at the Little Tottingworth Farm cafe, Heathfield. 
As suggested and arranged by Alan Osborne
Excellent!

A bit of a do at Harewood Hillclimb this weekend. Four sevens in attendance on Sunday.            
Lovely photos. Andrew. Unfortunately, here in the sticks, all these events tend to be a long way away, and, with things as they presently are, I am finding difficulty in getting away. However, that does not mean that my Seven has been in any way idle, but all of its excursions out have been for mundane reasons and general domestic duties.

Since its distributor failure, it has done over 200 miles just budging about and was looking quite travel-stained, so, yesterday, being a reasonably dry day, I gave it a good wash and polish and vacuumed the interior. It now looks as if someone cares for it again, and is ready for more domestic duties.

I know that this post is probably as boring as hell, but I can console myself that, at least, the little car is still doing what it was designed to do and provides fun doing so.
I personally find the posts about cars that are used everyday very heart warming, David.

There are very few owners left like you, it should be celebrated, loudly!
(14-08-2023, 10:37 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I personally find the posts about cars that are used everyday very heart warming, David.

There are very few owners left like you, it should be celebrated, loudly!

Thank you Ruairidh, you are too kind.