The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I took two of the Ruby wheels and two new tyres to the tyre & exhaust garage. They are very helpful guys and used to fit them for nothing but they seem to have a new regime in place and today it cost me £35. They also scratched one wheel. Time to buy myself some tyre levers ready for next time I think!

An outing to the Lawns at Prescott. The Bert Hadley machines were sheltering under a canvas awning, not easy to snap. In the morning for practise they looked and sounded splendid. In the afternoon, after the V16 BRM being warmed up in the paddock and then vigorously demonstrated on the hill, the Sevens were rather quiet.

(Cannot remember forum advice on how to get the second image the correct way round, sorry. An authority or IT genius will no doubt do that in the course of the day. I will pin up a little note saying which buttons to press, or keys to poke....)
(28-05-2023, 07:25 AM)If you just click the tumbnail - it Steve kay Wrote: An outing to the Lawns at Prescott. The Bert Hadley machines were sheltering under a canvas awning, not easy to snap. In the morning for practise they looked and sounded splendid. In the afternoon, after the V16 BRM being warmed up in the paddock and then vigorously demonstrated on the hill, the Sevens were rather quiet.

(Cannot remember forum advice on how to get the second image the correct way round, sorry. An authority or IT genius will no doubt do that in the course of the day. I will pin up a little note saying which buttons to press, or keys to poke....)

Just click the thumbnail to get the full-resolution image and it's the right way round.
https://www.facebook.com/100009210592179...723180458/

If you do Facebook this link may work, It was loud.
Andy
Andy, did the volume do something dreadful to your smartphone? Trying to open that gave me Piers Moron, who I had previously thought was just an invention in the pages of Private Eye! Are your ears still ringing?

The Austin Rally at Stonehurst Farm, Mountsorrel was a very pleasant day with a good turnout of cars. Nigel Snow supplied a couple of replacement wheels, one of which is already fitted as the spare.

Hi All

It’s the time for local shows. We went to Llanbister show today.  Mainly agricultural and kids games but about a dozen cars.  Two very serious American trucks, a nice Fergy tractor, a brace of Jaguars (his and hers would you believe) a nice 18hp Austin etc. And yet another Trophy for the Brookfields ?.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3258.jpeg (Size: 121.19 KB / Downloads: 272)
.jpeg   IMG_3260.jpeg (Size: 130.81 KB / Downloads: 274)
.jpeg   IMG_0609.jpeg (Size: 116.07 KB / Downloads: 273)
Having received my Willmot Breeden Calometer and  radiator cap, newly modified to take the Calometer from my engineer friend, I was anxious to try it out. So Leon and I used the little car to go to the horses this afternoon. The Calometer works well, staying more or less bolt upright when the car is hot, even after climbing Bwlch-yr Eira. The new cap also keep the coolant in the radiator, so, hopefully, no more rusty stains on the rad cowl and bonnet which are a pain to clean off.

And just to bore you all still further, we have a new horse to keep Misty company; a black and white cob called Blaze.

.jpg   S02CI001.JPG (Size: 172.65 KB / Downloads: 257)

.jpg   S02CI005.JPG (Size: 172.56 KB / Downloads: 254)

.jpg   S02CI006.JPG (Size: 143.74 KB / Downloads: 252)
Well, after some driving around the town I parked my car in front of my home for a while. (Not the blue one as some of you might assume...) Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)