The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Easily done, Steve!

Hi Steve

Sounds like a good day.  I was rather hoping that next week would be equally good for me at the VSCC Light car event here in Llandod. But like your Chummy my RK is proving incalcitrant. I noticed a slight knock from the clutch pedal a few weeks ago and subsequently I’ve had the engine out three times in the last two weeks but todays short run to the lake showed that I’d cured nothing, in fact made things worse. I have a horrible suspicion that it’s run a big end  Angry. So it’s likely that the engine will be out again and I doubt I’ll be ready for the run next Saturday.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   D53E1625-B9F3-486B-97AB-C9B45AEC2D72.jpeg (Size: 111.72 KB / Downloads: 610)
Hi Howard, the joys of Austin sevening . all good fun? A S&P
(19-03-2023, 12:14 PM) Wrote: Hi Howard, the joys of Austin sevening . all good fun? A S&P

Grrrrrrr.

Big Grin
Daisy (12) drove the Ulster for the first time, today. We went to the Monklands Sporting Car Club trial.

It was a lot of fun and she cannot wait to go back and do it again!

Here is her video…

https://youtu.be/sjeomMAuMRs
Well done Daisy, most impressed by your driving.

Tod
Well done Daisy and Dad for getting your Ulster out of hibernation.
Today is the first time my Ulster has been out on the road for about 3 1/2 years.
Mind took of bit of time to burst into life after not being started up for several months.
Well done Daisy, driving is fun isn't it? Here is a photo of me aged 12 with my Dad and his Austin at the time. I had driven before, but enjoyed driving that Austin on a disused airfield a few times.

(15-03-2023, 05:52 PM)John Mason Wrote: Tony down here in mid Notts only 3 miles from the Derbyshire border on Friday last we awoke to about 4 inches of snow. I knew then in the Derbyshire peaks they would have copped for a great deal more. Take the rough with the smooth you sometimes get it nice in the summer.

John Mason.
I always enjoy the snow. The deeper the better - though not the cold so much these days....
Blimey, what a faff... Long time since I have fitted a set of new valves. And, in the car with all the studs in place? Nightmare. A job for the patient. I hope the extra 10mph I seek will be worth it...