The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Up here in border Riever territory it seems that going just a little against authority is a right of passage. Our local farmer's grandson drives his telehandler around the local lanes to deliver hay bails to the sheep. He drives fast based on the logic that he shouldn't really be on public roads so, rather than drive slow and safe, he floors it to get to the next field quickly. He is 14...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Andy, Fourteen is just not on but many don't realise that a farm vehicle may be used on the highway without paid vehicle tax. This is termed " limited use " up to 1.5 kilometre - what used to be called " farm to field " . Most farmers I know flout this law, often driving several miles on the highway, even to nearby markets... and the police never bother.
Meanwhile, in the Peak District....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I only just made it home yesterday, Tony - two hours to Chesterfield, then bright sunshine the rest of the way!
Time for me to move to the sunny lowlands! Bad over the hills past Calver I suppose.
Pushed the RP forwards in the garage so I could extricate my "motobineuse" from the darkest corner of the atelier, weeded and rotovated the veggie plot and then climbed up into the mezzanine to get the lettuce cloche from its winter hibernation. After Tiffin I planted two dozen lettuce plants. The Austin never missed a beat. (I think it's still asleep)

Sunny 18°C Perfik!
Tony down here in mid Notts only 3 miles from the Derbyshire border on Friday last we awoke to about 4 inches of snow. I knew then in the Derbyshire peaks they would have copped for a great deal more. Take the rough with the smooth you sometimes get it nice in the summer.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.

What I did yesterday was have slices of brownie at Chandos Farm, and watch a very large number of Austin Sevens, and one or two representatives of lesser marques, in the Herefordshire Trial. Quick snaps recorded Dave Wall in his 1929 saloon, which being a saloon allowed two young crew members,  their size contributing little to bouncing but their enthusiasm being great.

After attempting  the section Paul Holmes in 164, a rare beast in trials being a 1928 Chummy in original standard spec.  Derek Brown,  and  sorting out 157, Max Moses driving on sections whilst dad Jason drove on the road. This car I saw up in the air missing several major components in Ray Moses workshop very recently indeed, Ray's promise to have it ready turned out to be true!

Getting ready for the hill were three machines not pretending to be standard, Rich Steward with SV6155, Bob Thompson's Chummy UC6319, and Sarah Blake's "Ulster" BF 8742. Also present were Nigel Coulter with a bouncer not unknown on these hallowed pages, David Cochrane but far too much talking and no snapping. There is a well known forumist whose photoshop skills would have quickly removed the photographer's shadow. 

It is a tribute to centenary organisers that tales of last year's triumphant activities are still being swapped, congratulations and thanks are still due.
Just to clarify things, 'Rich Steward' mentioned above is Stewart Rich!

Always a great event the VSCC Herefordshire Trial.
Phew, if that was the only typo I can relax. Back to the workshop without a care in the world! A Chummy in a workshop is quite a different animal to a care in the world.