The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Is there anybody there?
Thanks Chris, I'll give that a try
Like driving a 7. You might be holding the wheel. But it follows its own course.
Properly set up an Austin Seven steers very well.
Jim
Made two "wing bolts" for the upper opening windshield frame from brass stock. The frame was supplied with two ordinary bolts which while ok would be difficult to manipulate when underway.
Stephen
Hi All

Technically not Austin Seven related but….

I’ve used my old Myford ML lathe for several years now.  It was knackered when I bought it (cost £120), but has deteriorated under my misuse and neglect.  So I took a chance on a Myford ML4 on eBay for the princely sum of £350 including delivery.

.jpeg   36D74819-58EF-47EF-B692-6B84D5EDD7ED.jpeg (Size: 125.45 KB / Downloads: 374)

Over the last week I’ve disassembled it, stripped the paint, cleaned it, painted it and assembled it.

.jpeg   606472BF-105A-46B0-9871-2B77184AC7CA.jpeg (Size: 119.28 KB / Downloads: 374)

It is in much better nick than my old lathe and has the advantage of having a longer bed and 3 1/2” centre height.

Just need the drive belt to arrive and I can do some test cuts.

Cheers 

Howard
Bugger... Didn't need that...

Crikey, what happened there?
I've been trying to get it off for the last three days. The engine hasn't been touched (probably) since the early 80s when the car was restored. Ive been plying it with heat and Plus Gas every (waking) hour when I finally sensed some movement today. It had to be encouraged with some leverage between the block and the manifold. All seemed to be going well unit - BINK! and that was it. I can now understand the problem. The short centre stud is still frozen in the manifold. Because it is so close to the manifold, any heat I was getting on it was immediately leached away. All the other studs I could get cherry red...

You can see how nice this manifold was, anyone have anything in a similar condition they could sell to a Damsel in distress? The only other one I have, although usable, is rather corroded....
That's annoying. Bugger!
I've found these manifolds so thick that an hour's work with a section of files can render them "better than new" without taking more than a few per cent off the weight. Unfortunately, getting the original as-cast finish is another matter.