The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Ivor, you can't see our place in this photo - it's on the far side of the village on the right hand side of the valley roughly the same distance from the "turret" (which is the bell tower for the church) in the opposite direction.
Father Christmas came early .....

So I'm in the garage, grandchildren permitting.

This should make a big difference to motoring next year. Smile

Happy Christmas, one and all.
Very nice, young Harold! I like the welding. That's cool.
All aluminium? If so think of the performance increase!
Having had quite a bit of snow up here, Leon and I took the Seven up to the top of Bwlch y Eire and played in the forest up there. Unfortunately, my desktop computer has decided that it no longer wants to connect to the web, and I can’t post any of the pictures we took as my camera won’t talk to the tablet. Will post some anon ,once the big computers running again.
Following on the from the last photo of that nice fuel tank, I have also been stacking wood...

What I did yesterday was take part in the TWMC Holly Run. There were a number of Seven owners entered, and a number of three wheel Morgans, but only Mr Bromley's Chummy and Mr Anscombe's F type were to be photographed in the car park at the start. My excuse was that the gritters had been out, so with the usual fear of salting the underside of the Ruby, it had to be the 2CV. Left South Wales at 6.30 am with temp at -3, got back home at 4.30pm  with temp at 4 and roads no longer skating rinks but boating lakes. On the snowy flanks of the Clent Hills the 2CV went where it was pointed. The other rwd sporting cars all pretended to be Fraser Nashes and went sideways quite a lot. My navvy, the esteemed Mr Dave Nursey and myself undoubtedly won the class for two cylinder cars

The heavy rain having washed away all the road salt, the Shortest Day seemed to be a prefect opportunity to take the Ruby out into the few brief hours of daylight. There were a couple of additions to the usual "my grandad had one of those." One was a gent who very much wanted me to come round to his shed and collect parts and books relating to a Rover 8. I had to tell him that the back seat might be needed for the elves, if Santa required a lift. The other was a wonderful lady of a certain age, who vigorously told me that kids of her grandchildren's and great grandchildren's generations never learned to drive properly as everything was on a computer. In her view, all driving schools should have Austin Sevens or possibly Austin Tens, to teach them the basics of gear changing, braking and hand signalling. Also that driving slowly was generally a good idea! I found it easy to agree with her.
I'v had to make a puller for getting the drive gear off a friends dynamo     

What I, and many other Seven owners did today was to go to the New Years Day gathering at Much Marcle. Very big turnout of something in the region of 138 cars. Sevens were the biggest group, followed by Morgans only one of which had four wheels. Difficult to compose pictures in a space so full of cars and people. Conversation had to work hard to avoid the debacles of 2022 and impending gloom of 2023. The one recurring subject of delight was the Centenary Celebrations, universally regarded as being even better than was hoped, brilliantly organised and magnificently attended. Every single Sevenist who had anything to do with the centenary considered it a triumph, of enormous credit to all organisers, stewards and volunteers at every level. Every windscreen I noted had suitable stickers!