The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Love your tail-piece Malcolm, just wait till someone hollers "Look at the arse on that!" ;-)
Same as a diesel car, Dave. My C15 has a vacuum pump driven off the end of the camshaft.
Not all disc braked cars use a servo, needing vacuum. In the sixties and seventies the front wheel drive Austin 1100 and 1300 all had disc brakes and no servo. It was designed that way and performed well.
(16-10-2022, 03:50 PM)JonE Wrote: so what is the mk2 to be? (sorry, I might need to be reading back further...)

The detachable tail has to be compact enough to transport easily in the back of a car or whatever, it also needs to be manageable for ease of handling and fitting.   The Mk 1 tail allows me to store the car with it fitted.   A longer tail might look better but the car would be very long (by Austin 7 standards).

The Mk 1 tail will suffice for the time being!
ah yes. That makes sense. Visually it could work better (but still be as small) with a bit of asymetric "headrest" worked in to mirror the front uplift around the driver...
2CV disk breaks no servo. Standard om a lot of 60s cars

Brakes
Brakes not requiring the engine can be very useful, reversing down trials sections for instance.
Hi Steve

Brakes that work in reverse even more useful  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
Howard, I should have made clear that I was just another 2CV strangler contributing. No matter what the date of the car, if you can find a single Seven used in trials that has connected brakes I would be most surprised.
(16-10-2022, 08:52 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Not all disc braked cars use a servo, needing vacuum. In the sixties and seventies the front wheel drive Austin 1100 and 1300 all had disc brakes and no servo. It was designed that way and performed well.

Morgan didn't fit brake servos until 1993.