The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Classic Car LEDs are a really super company to deal with, I have used others, but these are my preference.
(11-10-2022, 12:53 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Classic Car LEDs are a really super company to deal with, I have used others, but these are my preference.

I agree. Not cheap but the service is first class and, so far, all the bulbs I've bought from them have proved entirely reliable.
You have to be careful buying LED headlight bulbs if you have an RP fitted with Lucas RB140 headlamps and the flat lenses - some bulbs stick out too far. (why do I know that)
Probably OK for the later Ruby lenses which are convex.
LED bulbs are the way to go if you want to see in the dark. They dont look quite right but it is a comprimise we are willing to take. Pre trials season and the nights drawing in we have been out on the local droves and farmtracks in the dark. Great fun just need to watch out for the deer.
Just because the RP is mentioned by Reckless Rat. The RP had LB 130 headlamps, not LB 140, or am I wrong?
Probably. I forget things.
This morning I took the RL saloon to our monthly meeting at Ellerton Garden Centre near Catterick.   There was a good turnout of about a dozen cars including my old Ulsteroid 'COG' that a friend now uses for trialling.        
On the way back just north of Thirsk I made a short detour for a photo shoot.   Anyone recognise the location?    
That looks suspiciously like Jack Dalby's old house at Kirby Wiske.
Correct Mike!

The old cottages at Kirby Wiske which are Listed have been converted into the rather nice house shown.  The modern spares shed to the rear has gone.   The bungalow that Chris lived in has been decked and a new house built on the footprint.   It's a pity that the fibreglass Chummy radiator cowl has not been retained on the wall above the gate.
Pinched off the internet, photo by Steve Barowik:

.jpg   kirby wiske.JPG (Size: 152.28 KB / Downloads: 209)