The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Of what parts do a vintageTecalamit system consist - and what does it lubricate? Tecalamit is still going, of course, making all sorts of lubrication systems.
Hi Tony, there is/was a bit of OE material out on the 'interweb' once but it seems to have either disappeared or gone behind paywalls.
In its most basic/original form the system consisted of a reservoir containing 'special' lubricant with an integral foot operated pump with multiple runs of small bore piping conducting said lubricant to various locations on the chassis. Each line had a calibrated restrictor fitted (which were removable/changeable in the same sense as carburettor jets)  to regulate the amount of lubricant delivered  to each location.  Specific locations would vary according to the car manufacturer's whim but would include favourites like the chassis hanger spring eye bushes and king pins. Sometimes spring leaves and the spring eye bushes themselves and other moving parts would be included (via flexible hoses). The advice was for the operator to depress the pedal once when first entering the car for the day.
Later iterations included a 'ring main' system and engine/vacuum operated pumps to remove the need to remember to depress the pedal. I see from some 'Commercial Motor' screen grabs the ring main/engine driven pump version  was still available until the mid 60s for commercial vehicles?
Also I learned in my Google search that  Luvax-Bijur (and others) marketed a similar system

Apologies,  I should've realised you were referring to the Austin variant specifically before I went to print
Thanks for the correction Mike. Appreciated.
Regarding the oiling system; The reservoir is located on the near side scuttle shelf adjoining the fuel tank. Oiling is activated by pressing a button on the dashboard, the oil being distributed by a series of rigid and flexible tubing to the front and rear shackles, king pins, cooling fan bearing and the steering box.
[attachment=19859
Severn Valley Railway Autumn Gala, and a small but distinguished gathering at Eardington station. The machine towering over the Sevens is a Unipower Timber Tractor. On the road  it is slower than a Ruby, but with a 4LW Gardner engine is capable of great feats of strength].

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A description that could well apply to several of us.
Alan Fairless
Having recently treated the RP to a new pair of Longstones for the rear axle, I decided to use the best of the old ones as a spare, seeing that the existing spare had been on the back of the car probably since before the Queen came to the throne. It was a Goodyear "Grasshopper" 3.25 x 19 WM2 and was seriously past its bliss point. The bloody thing was so hard that I almost had to resort to the angle grinder to get it off, but after leaving it in the sun for a couple of hours it finally relented.

I now have a full set of 5 matching boots.

If anyone wants the old one to hang on a spare garage nail, it's yours. You just have to come and fetch it. Tread is good, but it's got more cracks and wrinkles than Joan Collins.
"it's got more cracks and wrinkles than Joan Collins."

Isn't that a tad unkind, Bruce? Joan is 89 after all!
OK, sorry Joan, How about Madonna's neck?
Not so much as “What Have We Done today” more of what We haven’t. Following an invitation from Papplewick Pumping Station to display my car at their “In Steam “ event on Sunday 18/9/22. My son drove the car 25 miles to my house to pick me up before continuing to the pumping station a further 7.5 miles. On arrival in plenty of time before the opening to the public. We were refused entry stating that it was full and there was no more room for classic/vintage cars. I informed the gate man we were booked in to attend but it made no difference. So much for their organising skills. We were offered parking in the public car park a piece of ground outside the curtilage of the pumping station itself. We decline and returned home a round trip of around 50 miles. At least we had a run out.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
[Image: In6wKv9QhqWdwP35qQaejYiyHVcrHpmRMBIP3fW7...authuser=0]

Today was British Car Day - typically the largest single day British Car Show in Northa America. First time in 2 1/2 years, probably 700 cars. (usually over 1000)

They were celebrating (amongst other things) 100 years of Austin 7.

[Image: FDFRaspd1DBv3I9XUdbjD8ube3FvuhaalcB3Kp9l...authuser=0]

[Image: Ch6deWmzSM3N3hSnqpZ5ELT9BdNMn5cLqbC0-_kl...authuser=0]

[Image: LabNQ2ttmc9ml0i6FVQdBHUHG9q3AyVPiu329J87...authuser=0]

[Image: RoWtEuYgDN_Z9SqARMmDUilxEbpnQIlP96AvKiV0...authuser=0]

and a couple more

[Image: rgIv00yUgzY1vrcAlXApaT_aC_w6Sf3Q8if73LMT...authuser=0]

and just because it was parked next to the 7

[Image: _NxW_h_x6d_3tJaE39KgXZJa_49qxXBDsvZ-LMoS...authuser=0]

the fellow drove it in just barely in control, went of the road and over the grass - bonkers

[Image: j5QASCkteOqECN_JDsfPl5IBL29enY9sgvU7d6DY...authuser=0]

and finally a gratutitous picture of my own Ms Triss. (on the left)

[Image: V-opFdfyXnzB89i2CA5m6i4Fh6Oew3QG7j-rWJEY...authuser=0]