The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Maybe should be registered 007
Alan Fairless
Well done Alan.   It's a Bond, not to be confused with the maker of mini-cars and the Bug.  It was made in 1928 in Brighouse, West Yorkshire, by a Mr Bond.  Only 7 were made and this is the only known survivor, appropriately being chassis 007.  It was originally registered to Malcolm Campbell and was painted in the same blue as his Bluebird.   It has quarter elliptics front and rear and a Meadows 1500cc engine that was originally supercharged.   It also has a Meadows gearbox and rear axle.   All in all a very nice car.
Phew! That's a relief - I've already got one cracked steering arm...
Malcolm, donate the steering arm to Mr Jones. He needs it more than I do.
Alan Fairless

After a journey of around 5000+ miles across land and water, these two Sevens have been repatriated and now tucked up in my unit.
exciting! so what's the one on the right, Chris? A barn find?
Arab?
Today I completed the fitting of a VW 113-905-205AJ Distributor to Anastasia. The vacuum advance was removed leaving the centrifugal advance giving the required advance control. What a difference. The acceleration is now smooth all the way up the rev range. Only done about 5 miles so far but well pleased with what I have managed using only hand tools and my pillar drill. I set the ignition timing to TDC static , the distributor giving about 14/16 (crank) degrees total. It will be interesting to see how the performance is on a run. I may adapt the base plate vacuum advance to manual control if I need more advance later if required.
(15-09-2022, 12:26 PM)JonE Wrote: exciting! so what's the one on the right, Chris? A barn find?

Yes, a barn find 1928 Gordon England "Stadiuim " model. Complete apart from the hood and in very original, unmolested, condition.
It is unique in having the compete Tecalamit oiling system present, a feature not found on any other Seven apart from the Stadium.
The Stadium wasn't the only Gordon England model to have the Tecalamit system as standard: