The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

Mysterious flooding of the Solex carb on the GE Super Sports on the way back from Prescott entailed a detailed look at. Thanks to Jon & Nimmy Mellor, David Cochrane and Ilke Cochrane for support.

Just two Sevens today at Ripon Old Cars annual event  at Ripon Racecourse. One heck of a lot of cars in total, from every decade of the twentieth century. Must have walked miles!
Today I fitted the Centenary Event plaque to the dashboard of the Pytchley.   I went to Moreton in Marsh in the RL saloon but as there is no room on the dash for the plaque, an 8-day clock and a St Christopher badge taking up what spare room there was, the Pytchley wears the plaque with pride.  A very nice quality momento of a wonderful gathering.    
Took Rosie to the local library, which is housed in the old bus stop, now got the car up in the air trying to eliminate the clutch drag..proudly displaying my Centenary event attendance stickers

Where did you get the plaque Malcolm?
The plaques were at the reception where you picked up the goody bags.  Initially I didn't get one but went back later to collect.  If you missed out I would contact Howard Annett.   As long as you explain that you are not a dealer wishing to put it on Ebay I am sure he will oblige!
This afternoon I had the new engine running in the Ulster.    I had tried a couple of times to start it before the Centenary Rally without success, now my mind is clear I have succeeded.
The reason(s) it didn't start before were:
1   The spark plugs were only finger tight in the holes
2   The distributor was 180 degrees out
3   The battery master switch was faulty

Having got the engine running sweetly, I found out that I could not engage gear.   I checked that the clutch was disengaging before installing the engine so I think it is a case of the pedal not going down far enough, an extension on the pedal is needed.
Fixed my badge    
Also new oils in engine and box and grease all nipples!!
Got the engine running which is a good start. Just need to get it running on its own fuel supply now once we fit the cleaned out petrol tank
What I did this morning was put two CAV dynamos on the bench, to decide which one should be attached to the magneto engine slowly taking shape. Removing the end covers from the externally identical dynamos, internally they are very different. So to find out how to wire them rush to the computer and look at forumists. The next question is what happened in the end about Harry Hale’s much recommended Austin Seven Electrical Guide? Has it been reprinted, can PDF copies be found or circulated, or photocopies exchanged in pub car parks?