The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Had a nice run out yesterday and filled up with E5 with a shot of Liqui Moly to try and ease the sticking valves problem, today I’ll strip the carb and see if I can find what’s blocking the slow running circuit, I don’t fancy heeling and toeing all the way to Moreton and back.

Also still waiting for a negative result on Covid so I’ll be allowed in the beer tent!
After the evening run home in the chummy yesterday nearly cooked me, decided we needed something with a tad more shade today. 

So we took the RP for a jolly round Staffs, firstly a V dub rally near Penkridge, then an ice cream at Gt Hayward, back via Stone and to honk the HS2 guards. 

.jpg   Screenshot_20220717-190229_Gallery.jpg (Size: 209.65 KB / Downloads: 726)

Super run.

Newby Hall near Ripon. My Ruby and about a dozen other sevens there today. Plenty of other interesting stuff too.

On behalf of all Seven owners, yesterday Team Seven carried off the Lewis & Nicholson and other trophies in the PWM Cotswolds rally, again. MGs failed to put a team together, again. One of the Minors received great applause for being presented with a huge hamper of goodies,  in recognition of the lowest score. The Cotswolds were very hot, but no Sevens broke down although an Ulster had a flat tyre.  One Seven ran sans bonnet, this driver's Ruby, with cleaned out block and head and a fairly new radiator core, only got above 95 degrees once. if anyone had turned up with a box of Export Four Blade Fans, all would have been sold and fitted before the start. The picture shows Team Seven's carefree insouciance, ensuring the best possible routes and results by team plotting spread out across a number of tables at breakfast.
Jollying around staffs 3 up yesterday we only got up to the the L on the Wilmott Breeden despite finding some 2nd gear hills. The 40year old modern core in the RP seems to be very good yet!.
***Edit***
Having had a superb shakedown trip to Beaulieu a fortnight ago - cruising at a comfortable 40 mph plus over 120 miles - started out to Moreton this a.m only to find it’s running like a three legged dog… won’t pull up hills or even easy gradients. First checks of jets, plugs, points etc changed nothing so limped along for 17 miles and gave up. Just too many serious hills to risk going further…
So, back home courtesy of good old RH breakdown service, and perforce had to travel to Moreton in a modern.
Oh, the ignominy, and the pain, of arriving to see so many Sevens and their happy owners - oh the jealously - and the shame.
Being a spectator and not a participant is no fun, believe me, especially at this unique and wonderful event.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Oh, Bob, what a shame, I do feel for you.

I’m testing negative for Covid now so Rosie and I are heading over in the morning and hoping that the box behaves itself on what is really it’s first “proper” trip after being off the road for fifty years...fingers crossed I won’t have to call RH!
Good luck Ivor - hope you make it!
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish

There will be many much better pictures of Prescott, but this snap shows what one could see when not speaking to so many people, and behaving like a genuine Austin anorak by kneeling on the damp grass of the lawns to peer under cars to look at axles and suspension details. Congratulations to everybody for an event that surpassed ones hopes, an array of competition machinery never previously gathered together in one place. Seamless organisation, correct stewards who were also charming, helpful and as full of enthusiasm as attendees. I left the house at 6.00 am, spent hours in the Austin Elysium at Prescott, then did the final recce for Friday's tour, and finally got home ay 21.30. My only reservation about a Ruby is that it is not exactly silent. Strangers in Gloucestershire must have wondered what was going on. Late afternoon large numbers of Sevens going in all directions, early evening literally hundreds of motorbikes going to the Cotswold Bikers gathering, completely filling Saintbury, what I was told was a Rick Wakeman tribute band in a big tent on the village green. The sounds we were able to listen to was the splendid tribute to competition Austins. Bravo to the organisers!