The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Good evening everyone,
After some intial teething troubles getting the Nippy to run right after the extensive engine work, it's now done well over 200 miles in the last week so well on the way to getting run in in time for Moreton in the Marsh.
This included going the "long way" yesterday to Anston Steam Rally - 10 mile round trip took nearly 50 to try to get some more miles done - where I also met the family from Prestige Plating mentioned earlier on here with their beautiful 3 1/2 litre Jag. Certainly the standard of plating on their own car looked exceptional.
Looking forwqard to catching uip with friends old and new in 3 weeks' time...
Best wishes,
Nick

.png   rolli prom.png (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 500)

Prom duty taking Alfie to his prom at East Sussex National ,
300 mile trip into Wales and back, over two days.

Highlights:   into the Elan valley the long way round

4 miles of up, a lot of it in second gear,

and the B 4358 Beulah to Newbridge, a particularly fine bit of B road.

Lowlight: fuel problems meaning I rigged a temporary gravity feed, using a Flymo tank - which meant stopping every 6 miles to fill it up.

Why is there never a gateway when you really need one?    Smile
The Prom run 
Ava , Sinead and Charlie piloted by Penny .

Class of 2022 with class from 1932

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-07-2022, 08:23 AM)Slack Alice Wrote: Lowlight: fuel problems meaning I rigged a temporary gravity feed, using a Flymo tank - which meant stopping every 6 miles to fill it up.

Why is there never a gateway when you really need one?    Smile

I can recommend 3L pepsi bottles

.jpg   FB_IMG_1656794844996.jpg (Size: 116.54 KB / Downloads: 315)
I like that, the Pepsi bottle gives you a better range than a Flymo tank.
(02-07-2022, 09:53 PM)Slack Alice Wrote: I like that, the Pepsi bottle gives you a better range than a Flymo tank.

Some years ago I had a Chihuahua whose nickname was Flymo.
David, is that a cryptic sideways joke, perhaps like saying you once met a Canadian hairdresser? Actually it scans rather well, so the first line of an extended story in verse? If you descend from North Wales into Worcestershire today, we will ask you you such questions over a pint of beer, or an ice cream.
No, Steve its not. Flymo was the most fantastic little dog with bags of character, In a household that consisted of three other dogs, an Alsatian/Rottweiler cross ('Nuke'), A Blue Merle collie ('Bruno (the Unhinged)') and a Staffordshire Bull terrier ('Tyson'), she was definitely top dog. She was 18 when she died and I miss her still.

At the risk of appearing surreal, she was the equivalent of an Austin Seven of the dog world (or is the Austin Seven the Chihuahua of the car world?)
Today is the 89th anniversary of my RP's first registration (4th July 1933) so I went out to give it a short birthday run into town and then up to the horses.

.jpg   S024I001.JPG (Size: 140.44 KB / Downloads: 130)

On the turn of Bwlch-yr-Eira overlooking the Dee valley

.jpg   S024I002.JPG (Size: 141.9 KB / Downloads: 130)

At the top of the pass, with Llew looking to see what I am doing.