The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
What a treat!
I have an engine with the early valve chest cover and virtually no lip on the block for the cover to seat on, if I forget when I refit the cover to hold it up and nip the thumb screws the top tips in and the bottom tips out to give a big oil leak.
Bristol Club is on holiday in North Devon. Here we are, having a coffee at the top of Porlock Hill.... 

My son and his wife took my Ruby to Newark Retro Festival on the Showground. They must hold the record for the shortest distance travelled. 2.9 miles.

John Mason,

Ps. I know the picture is upside down. Tried all yesterday evening and this morning but cannot for the life on me get it the right way up.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
John. Just click on it and view it in a new screen. It rights itself.
If you have Photoshop or another similar program, add a layer and flatten it.
To do this go to "Layers/New/Layer from background/OK" then "Layers/flatten image" and save it. That seems to work. Photos taken on smartphones, tablets and some cameras can look Ok the device but appear upside down or sideways when uploaded to a web page. This is because the device stores the image's orientation in something called the EXIF metadata - and not all software is able to read this.
With a phone, always shoot in landscape format. If the picture appears sideways or upside down when posted, go to the device's edit function, try a small crop of the picture, and save it. That sometimes works - but I've no idea why...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

David, Do to my exceptionally poor eyesight I have to use the iPad to do computer work (I can make the type much larger than on my computer even when on largest available. The downside of the iPad there is nothing to click. I can tap the screen that makes the photo the correct way up but no way to make it an attachment. There maybe some way of going it on an iPad but if there is it’s far to advanced for my I.T. Skills.

John Mason.

Tony, Thanks for correcting things.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Popped over to Luton Festival of Transport today. Could only find three Sevens there:

A little local do at the Squinting Cat today. We could only manage two Austin sevens. Mk1 and Mk2 Ruby.
Hello everyone,
After several months off the road due to ever - escalating problems with the engine, the Nippy made its first trip of around 20 miles today to try to get some miles under its belt ahead of Moreton in the Marsh.
It's sounding great and feels like it really wants to go so having to hold it back until everything loosens off a bit.

Only problem now is that it simply won't tick over at anything like the right speed - way too fast - with no obvious means of slowing it down. It's doing about 35 without using the accelerator which is fine but it makes gear changes "interesting" to say the least!

Does anyone know someone in the South Yorkshire area who's a wizard with carburettors and would be able to sort it out for me please? I've really no idea what to do with it now.

Thanks in advance,
Nick