The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I was very tempted by a T shirt I saw the other day that bore the legend. 'It's weird being the same age as old people'... Appropriate given my most recent birthday..
I took the pic of the Citroen GS because I bought one new in that pale blue colour in 1973. Mine was the saloon version 1220 club. I loved it. They have virtually vanished these days.

There was a lot of " interesting" stuff also on display, a number of army jeeps and some big and brash Americana.

My least favourite was a rubber bumpered lhd MGB in black with the bumpers painted silver. Not my tasse de thé at all.
Good to see a surviving GS. Most have rotted away or kindly donated their engines to insane Lomaxes, Dyanes lightly adapted for trialling or a mid engine 4wd 2CV conversion.
I saw a neat modified Acadyane van with a stretched chassis and a GS 4cylinder motor. It went like the proverbial "sh*t- off-a-shovel". I think that another 2CV man (Rick Pembro the gearbox-guru) had a similar conversion...

The closed I ever got to a GS was queuing for a ferry back from Cherbough. On the other side of the fence was a line of GS cars waiting to be loaded. A chap approached, climbed into one, started it and then, for a good two minutes, held it - screaming - at full revs. Having done that he switched it off - and walked away. What could he have been thinking? Letters to "Motor" and Autocar" reporting the event went unpublished.
OK, who was it? I was grubbing dandelions in the side entrance when I heard a poop, poop, looked out down the village street to see a black Seven going poop, poop every hundred yards or so... I only caught the HS**** of the number plate. I waved but no response.
Markington, heading East at approx 16.05 today
(02-05-2022, 04:36 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: OK, who was it? I was grubbing dandelions in the side entrance when I heard a poop, poop,  looked out down the village street to see a black Seven going poop, poop every hundred yards or so... I only caught the HS**** of the number plate. I waved but no response.
Markington, heading East at approx 16.05 today

It was me Duncan! I knew you lived on the main street but no idea which house. Having a drive round some country lanes after queueing to get out of the car do at Ripley Castle.
And it's HV on my number plate.

Hi Andrew, I’m just opposite the pub, The Yorkshire Hussar. Very handy for a take-away pint!
Not my Austin Seven, but rather my mates Austin Seven.

I attended the Black Country Living Museum on Saturday to assist my mate Ben, who was very busy exhibiting his 1899 Motorette (De Dion), his 1909 Road Locomotive and 1926 Tin Lizzie. Saturday was the 'Red By Night Event', with a booting out time of 11pm. So a very long day.

My mate Scott was going to attend with his steam roller, but ended up bringing his RP.

Lots of fun was had driving it all round, some nice photo opportunities, and lots of questions from the punters. I know know how to drive a tin lizzie.

.jpg   scotts RP.jpg (Size: 76.48 KB / Downloads: 284)

.jpg   scotts RP2.jpg (Size: 63.76 KB / Downloads: 284)

.jpg   scotts RP3.jpg (Size: 80.94 KB / Downloads: 284)

.jpg   scotts rp4.jpg (Size: 31.65 KB / Downloads: 284)

Scotts RP runs as sweet as a nut, I wish my 3 ran as nice.
Took Ruby out today on a recce of our motorway and dual carriageway free route from home in Medway to Dover in preparation for the Eurotour which starts in less than 3 weeks time. Our longest trip in Ruby so far, 120 miles covered in all including some detours, a couple of hiccups along the way, a strong smell of petrol resulting from a leaking carb, the 2 screws on the top of the float chamber coming loose, followed by the condenser in the distributor giving up the ghost but apart from that, a good shake down for her.
Also managed to survive some persistent rain including some real heavy downpours which flooded the roads and found Ruby to be surprisingly leak tight.
The route was a success too, just need to get some ear plugs now……