The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Well the ulster was collected last night by it's new owner, so I now have a car space to move things around.

It means I'm now only two weeks behind being ready for the centenary, and 3 cars to get ready for it.

So I've promised myself all Easter to work on MY OWN SEVENS.

today has gone very well, the supersports is now fully running, cleaned. And had a run out this morning. So she is ready for A47 car show on monday.

This afternoon I started on the problems with the company van below.

[attachment=17618]

Sorted out most problems this afternoon. And if I can get a battery tomorrow morning. She may also be ready for the centenary by the end of the bank holiday.
(15-04-2022, 03:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: We have been checking that we all still fit as I want to take the Chummy to the Centenary event.

Not sure everyone agrees but I think we fit just fine!!

My parents still fit in their car too!!

You mean, you'll drive it there, five-up?
Tony,

As you can imagine, I would be quite happy with that - my long suffering other half has said “no” however. Our days of long distance travel in a Seven are over, the Twelve has been pushed to front - along with the sale of my gold reserves to pay for the 16mpg…

Once down I still need to be sure we can go out on the runs and visits in it, which we can, yippee!
16mpg? What have you done to it? I used to average upper 20s in my Windsor, and on a long run could get 32-33mpg with care.
This is a 1926 1600cc short stroke engine - woefully underpowered and in 40 years has never, ever, done more than 20mpg.

When loaded, my 16mpg is a flight of optimistic fancy. However, as my father likes to point out (nicely), I did not have to buy it…
Woefully underpowered is an interesting diagnosis of the fuel consumption. I am regularly pressed into service co-driving a 19.6 Crossley. This has a 3.7 litre engine and at about 16 mpg is only marginally thirstier than the 20 struggling with 1600cc. One does not have to change gear very often in the 19.6.
Aah! Perhaps that explains it, mine was an early long-stroke which pulled like a train.
I dream of a long stroke…
(15-04-2022, 10:42 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I dream of a long stroke…

As long as the big end will cope.  Ooh Matron!
We took my parents to a forest burial site today, it was dead good.

They asked if they could come back another time…

.jpeg   17E4C29A-B3F0-423B-8AD5-FD934A1A59D7.jpeg (Size: 962.33 KB / Downloads: 159)