The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Sorry to hear. Makes me think that rather than a trailer, if we worked on a superlight shortened SWB design like the mini-mini, we could all tow a towing car which in the event of failure, we just could get into and drive off, towing the broken one .... all the spares would be inbuilt.
Ruairidh and I crossed the Cairngorms this morning.
I think your idea of a repeat try next summer is a jolly good one.
It's difficult to see from your photo how much weather protection tour car actually has,but if it is as it appearsI think a retreat to Llandrindod today is justified.
You will at least live.
And to fight another day!?
Ian, do those last two lines indicate that over the lunch table you have been reading the piece in today’s Grauniad concerning the national anthem soon to be adopted by an independent Scotland?
I do have today's Grauniad,but have not as yet got to the bit you mention.
My referels above register my doubts that anyone travelling in a very open car across the Cairngorms today,would be lucky to live and tell the tale
Hi Howard, sad to read about your travesty. But as robin Bruce once said, "bugger" Angry S&P
(08-04-2022, 05:43 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Still not a picture of me...
The problem with the turbo visor was the effect when the head was turned or tilted - the old gyroscopic precession effect. Users report their heads being nearly ripped off at speeds above 40 m.p.h.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession

(09-04-2022, 01:57 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Ian, do those last two lines indicate that over the lunch table you have been reading the piece in today’s Grauniad concerning the national anthem soon to be adopted by an independent Scotland?

Absolutely no mention of a Scottish national anthem in today's Daily Telegraph. A shocking disappointment that this top news story was not covered - I wait with bated breath to hear it. We've had lots of heavy snow showers in the Peak District during the last few days but, sadly, it has not settled and so deprived of much fun in the 7.
A fine day for the Dark Peak Tour today; here seen climbing out of Sheffield at the start of the run - sadly no opportunities to jump the others to take any further shots, but there was some superb scenery en-route                 :
Tony, perhaps they are waiting for Dame Tank Commander Davidson to say whether she prefers Flower of Scotland, Scots Wha'hae, or Freedom Come-ye-All. Anyway, we know what the Welsh National Anthem is, here in South Wales anyway, so perhaps it is time to move on.
(09-04-2022, 06:36 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Tony, perhaps they are waiting for Dame Tank Commander Davidson to say whether she prefers Flower of Scotland, Scots Wha'hae, or Freedom Come-ye-All. Anyway, we know what the Welsh National Anthem is, here in South Wales anyway, so perhaps it is time to move on.

Move on? Indeed. 'Land of my Fathers' and all that. That reminds me, my father was Welsh, called the place a dump and moved out as fast as he could. On the other hand, I disagree and find it rather charming (can't have has been all bad, though; he did go back to Rhyl for his honeymoon).
Today I took my two Austins to the local Market place where there was a well-attended Spring Fayre. Behind the camera were a couple of kiddies rides, face painting and about 17 traders stalls. There were no other old cars, but the level of interest in mine was amazing.