The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Is that a Mrs JoJo replica I spy with the alloy body ???????
        After I swap the engine in the Ulster attention will turn to finishing the hillclimb car (loosely based on Mrs JoJo)   Once I have cobbled up a throttle pedal and linkage it will be driveable so I am nearly there.  The front of the body was fashioned by Forumist Duncan.
I have a 'Stig' lined up to drive it!
I remember this car when it was red and made of paper mache!!
An old friend had the original Mrs JoJo, guess it was sold about 10+ years ago. When I first saw it it was a bit 'bitty'!!!! and nothing like its current condition.
(27-03-2022, 09:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I remember this car when it was red and made of paper mache!!

The red car with the paper mache tail was the Mk1 Mrs JoJo replica.   I had it rebodied with an aluminium Ulsteroid body and it is now owned by a pal who uses it for VSCC trials.  The red body was sold, put on a rolling chassis and is now residing in Germany.  It is campaigned in prestigious 'Oldtimer' events and has been fitted with leather satchels either side of the scuttle.
The present Mk2 Mrs JoJo replica is altogether different, having a modified chassis with twin rear X-members and parallel rear springs, all as the original Mrs JoJo.
If anyone is interested in making a Mk3 Mrs JoJo replica, I have a duplicate set of rear X-members and chassis outriggers which I am unlikely to need.  At the end of the day, how many Mrs JoJo replicas does a man need?
The original Mrs JoJo was superbly restored by the Way family in Sussex and will no doubt be at Moreton in Marsh.    
Are post 1930 A7 saloons not eligible for this event? I haven’t been a VSCC member for the last 50 years so excuse my ignorance.
I vaguely remembered something about this on here a while ago so looked it up. Sounds as though it stirred up quite a discussion in 2018. No need to go over it all again!
Searching for snow today - t’was lovely!

Changed the tyres on Josie the Mk1 Pearl ready for tomorrows run to Amberley.
The tyres needed changing as the side walls were cracking.
Not bad for 12 years old!
for some time I have had a very loud high pitched rattle coming from the gearbox area in the Top Hat. No amount of feeling about when under way will quieten it. Not the reverse trigger or rod, not the gear stick.
I thought it may be the starter pinion of the bacon slicer or nearby mechanisms, so today I pulled off the bacon slicer and all looked well save a badly worn ring gear.  Decided to put back the starter as the engine will have to come out to replace the ring gear and we are leaving today for a 2000 mile trailered journey to melbourne for the centenary. The ear defenders will be taken.
I will examine the throwout bearing on my return.