The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(15-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

I’ve had a first short test drive towing a trailer.

https://youtu.be/dkSUcmhG3Zc

The trailer is an old Erde 100 which I’ve refurbished and swapped the sides for the top box.

The tow bar is an A frame which goes back to the chassis extensions, but is also fixed to a sub frame on the body.

The real headache was getting a 6 volt indicator warning buzzer. In the end I’ve used a reed switch with the indicator wires wrapped round it a dozen times.  At first I couldn’t understand why it wouldn't work but then realised that LEDs don’t pull enough current so I’ll have to use incandescent bulbs.

All good fun  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard

That looks great Howard, really cool!
Hi Howard looking good, all ready for camping at our club rally at Bryngarw, on 12th of June. See you both there. S&P
    I've finally made a start on fitting repaired original front wings to Sue's car to replace those awful Vintage Wings replicas. Hedd notice my lawnmower emergency fuel tank. Many decades ago a friend did some welding to a Seven chassis which severely distorted the chassis so he drove his father's 5 ton truck onto which straightened it until he drove the truck off.
If you were driving it today, Howard, your commendable red dragon would be at a very different angle.
Dave, a friend of mine recently visited Vintage Wings old premises in Manchester, there are still some bucks in the derelict factory. 

I notice the wide brakes on Sues car, when did these come in? genuine question, I fitted wide ones to my swb saloon when I built it, but I had thought they came in later, the RP has always had them . 

Did they come in with the Long chassis?
According to Wyatt, the wider drums were introduced in September 1932 when the first 4 speed rear tank cars were first produced (at chassis no: 159534)
Those wide drums came off an RP saloon Hedd. Today I have 3 wiper motors on my bench, a MT 7 pull and spin with a bent armature shaft and minus it's contact breaker, a DW3 and CWX which just need a clean and lubricate.     
(19-02-2022, 10:22 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Those wide drums came off an RP saloon Hedd. Today I have 3 wiper motors on my bench, a MT 7 pull and spin with a bent armature shaft and minus it's contact breaker, a DW3 and CWX which just need a clean and lubricate. 

Some "bits" on their way that might help are on their way - via Robin.
In part through links with the Jowett club, I was invited to attend the inaugral event of the just established local branch of the VAR. A beautiful but hot day in the rolling countryside. I could not help but notice the extent of trees compared with first arrival in Auckland 50 years ago when all space provided grass for sheep. 
Two activities intrigued. A very slight young teenage girl repeatedly hammered her Dad's low alloy special around the slalom course. As if the car was an expendable go cart.
And a refined slight older lady with a white hat somewhat as 1920s style discreetly piloted a yelllow 1926 Chummy in the bright sun. Whereas most of the blokes are not of Seven proportions, looked justl ike one of Tony Griffith's posters come to life.
Thanks for the bits Tony which I collected today when we finally sorted out his starting problems, wrong ring gear.