The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Probably the last post on the work to this Austin. Last jobs involve a paintbrush and wax.

Interior in, passenger seat in. Jack under the rear seat, tools and spares under the front seats. Mechanically its good to go.

[Image: 262995945_10224614179636484_623885985509...e=61ACACAF]

[Image: 263022938_10224614181636534_236684237636...e=61ACC86C]

[Image: 261692116_10224614182196548_627962959468...e=61ACF500]

Engine transplant in the blue saloon next I think. Will start that next week.
Very tidy job there squire!
Good job! well done!

Where did you get your rubber cover for the transmission tunnel from?
its just sheet ribbed rubber. No idea where from, it was put on the car circa 2000. Ive just put it back
fabulous colour combo imho, above.
Overcame the spring pin dilemmas of Tues and today ground a lead on the second, as advised. Very tight, but all together. It was a bit perilous trying to final-adjust the pins attitude to get the cotters in. Front spring reaming done, and now I can get chassis onto its wheels.
The front spring is negative 1/2" and the rears are flat, direct in the chassis rails with no fibre padding. Will be interesting to see how it sits! What is the safest way of bolting the radius arm lowering brackets in their 'old' position. I've made some alloy spacers, so wondering if 5/16 bolts (tight in the spacers occupying the entire hole through the axle) with large penny washers are enough?
I did think about getting the RP out today for a run, but it was white over with frost this morning and the weather man has issued orange alerts for snow and ice in the Lozere and the Aveyron, which are north and north- west of Rekkersland. Despite the fact that I'm probably 1000 miles south of you, don't let anyone try and tell you that the weather in the south of France is mild in the winter and that we spend all our time sitting in the sun sipping G and Ts on the terrace. It's colder here than in Sheffield today, and seeing that the gritters have been out the Austin isn't budging until the weather bucks up. I think I'll just stay indoors today and burn a few logs.
We've had the gritters out here as well. Although there has been quite a bit of rain it's not really been enough to wash it away so no
"playin' out" for some time... also, it's bl**din' freezing' even in a flying jacket!
We live on a main road and North Yorkshire County Council seem to grit it at least once a day between November and March whether it's freezing (or going to freeze) or not. I've a real need to take my Trials Chummy out to test some of the work I've done preparing it for sale but it can take months to get rid of all the salt it'll collect so it's staying in the garage. In addition, as Duncan notes, it's bl**dy freezing!

Steve
Hi All

Spent most of the day following Stuart Giles excellent instructions on dialing in the cam.  Measured three times ….110, 109 and 111 degrees. I call that spot on Smile.

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...ght=Timing

.jpeg   618F0011-B358-4787-8781-5690F334E9EE.jpeg (Size: 105.05 KB / Downloads: 212)
(06-12-2021, 05:59 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Spent most of the day following Stuart Giles excellent instructions on dialing in the cam.  Measured three times ….110, 109 and 111 degrees. I call that spot on Smile.

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...ght=Timing

What adjustment do you have Howard, or is it just offset keys?

c