The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(20-11-2021, 08:35 PM)David Stepney Wrote: Andrew, Is that an A50 or A55 Cambridge?

David, the short answer is 'no'.

Bill is correct it is a 1955 Austin A40 Cambridge. The only difference is engine size, the A40 being 1200 while the A50 is 1489. The A55 is also 1489 but with a five inch longer boot. Mine in the picture started life with a 1200 engine but before I bought the car it was fitted with a 1622cc out of the later A60.

It saunters up hills so gently, compared to thrashing the Ruby up any incline. Cruises on the motorway happily at a genuine 53 mph, and isn't too unhappy at about 57 with the trucks.

Good evening
Well this evening I've started work on my car.     the hub puller on the right is for decorative purposes only. Rolleyes
(20-11-2021, 10:34 PM)circeonya@hotmail.com Wrote: I envy the UK quiet picturesque country lanes that appear in photos in this thread.  We just don,t have that sort of thing in OZ, Within 100 miles of Melbourne it would be almost impossible in daylight hours to go more than a half a mile at Austin Seven speeds without a modern wanting to pass.

It's often like that here too, but we take the photos on the quiet bits.
(20-11-2021, 10:50 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote:
(20-11-2021, 08:35 PM)David Stepney Wrote: Andrew, Is that an A50 or A55 Cambridge?

David, the short answer is 'no'.

Bill is correct it is a 1955 Austin A40 Cambridge. The only difference is engine size, the A40 being 1200 while the A50 is 1489. The A55 is also 1489 but with a five inch longer boot. Mine in the picture started life with a 1200 engine but before I bought the car it was fitted with a 1622cc out of the later A60.

It saunters up hills so gently, compared to thrashing the Ruby up any incline. Cruises on the motorway happily at a genuine 53 mph, and isn't too unhappy at about 57 with the trucks.
Snap!

My 1955 A50 that I'm using as everyday transport at the moment. 1500cc.
Almost as comfortable as a 2CV.

And to complete the story (partially) could we have pics of an Austin A 30 and an Austin Countryman (mmmm...Pininfarina ) and an Austin Mini please?
When it is the centenary of the Austin A40 Cambridge, I wonder how many will be mustered for the week of celebrations?   I think it will be rather less than 1000 cars, but hopefully at least two!
I chased the sun with our eldest daughter, she requested that I pick her up in the Cup from a birthday party, we then just followed the road and enjoyed the colours.

The Campsie Fells for those not familiar with our local geography.

Can we have an update on the progress of the Highland Coupé project please?
The car is currently having wings and bonnet made - I will post some photos soon.

I have so much other A7 work on just now that, even if it were here, it would be very much "at the back of the queue".
Loving the Cup R, make the most of the kids coming with you,  my 14 year old now ducks below the window level or prefers to walk !!