The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Ran the Box down from Bedford to Kingsbridge in South Devon. Despite threatening skies at the start it was a really pleasant if slightly bottom-numbing ride, via Avebury and Glastonbury Tor. Dazzled driving straight into the sun from Exeter to Totnes, but beautiful views of the 'riviera' between Dawlish & Teignmouth. Just managed to arrive in the last of daylight around 16.30. The car running well if not quite run in yet.
I researched garages supplying Super Unleaded online and took an 18 mile round trip to Bamford in my pretend Ulster only to find they don't sell it any longer. Pleasant run out there though. Tank now full of E10 unfortunately.
We are having no problems at all with E10.
The Austin is my everyday car since the demise of my 'modern'.
Jim
Chris, is that Bedford as in Bedfordshire? In which case, hats off to you on taking on that journey.
Had a change from working on the Beetle and helped a friend remove a 3 bearing crank from his engine, it's the first time I've removed a three bearing crank from a engine and was a bit of a puzzle. Once out I helicoiled the dynamo drive housing long stud hole.
Post for the first time from Japan,the best time picnic in the fall,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Splendid! Welcome to Friends.
I'm not used to using this forum yet, thanks Smile
(16-11-2021, 05:52 PM)David Witton Wrote: Chris, is that Bedford as in Bedfordshire? In which case, hats off to you on taking on that journey.

'Tis indeed David. In the Ulster I might have chanced the big roads but at least the 'slow' way is pretty. Heading back again at the weekend - fingers crossed for dry weather!
I finally got my 9E Nippy block onto the surface grinder at work.
The bottom face had to be skimmed by about 2 Thou to make it flat enough to have the top surface ground flat and remove some minor rust pitting.
The top surface is having 1/2 Thou passes till the rust pitting is gone.
This is a block which has never had any machining work done on its faces as the original stamping marks were still present.
I will take the head into work while the machinist is still in a good mood and the workshop is quiet.