The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
    Got mine running, although not super sure what she is.......and I also came up with a bunch of questions. Including how do I rotate the pic?
Back on 06-06-2021 I wrote about my charging woes. It was actually yesterday when I finally pulled the instrument panel off with a view to thoroughly checking the wiring instead of striking around with no particular purpose in mind. After disconnecting wires, checking with the multimeter, and reconnecting, I found that the connections to the warning light were a bit skew-wiff so I repositioned them and made sure that there were no short circuits - now to today. Started the old lass and, voila, the cut out pulled in as it should and the ammeter showed a charge exactly as the gentleman who worked over the dynamo said it should. I shall probably sleep better tonight. And next week I'll get a new bulb for the warning lamp.
In the replies to my previous post Bob Culver asked how you set the charge off the car. The answer is; you have a test bench that can run a dynamo or alternator etc at speeds which would be expected when mounted in the car, with its cutouts or regulating devices in the circuit. Bob was also spot on with the setting at 8 amps on the winter setting, lights off.
You've got an interesting car there, Ralph. The bodywork is Austin Seven (Type 65 if it's alloy, Nippy if it's steel) but it's not an Austin chassis underneath: the steering wheel is Triumph Spitfire or Vitesse, but an engine with the carbs on the left, and a chassis with semi-elliptic rear springs means there's something else there!

Here's your picture rotated, although for some reason I had to crop it to a landscape format to make it behave:

Local get together at Ufford today, attached is a picture of two of the attendees, one a1929 AE, the other 1932 RAF radio car, nice to get out and meet people after a long layoff.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Essex Austin Seven Club displayed some cars at The Countess of Warwick Show, Dunmow,Essex on August bank Holiday Monday.
I have an album here by a folk group called the Dunmow Flitch - are they likely to be local to this?
I would think almost certainly. It's all about bacon.
Jim
(02-09-2021, 09:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Driving the Chummy again today, after a long period, thought it poorly.

Tom Abernethy visited, said he suffered the same every time he drove the Cup, and thereafter, his Chummy... chalk and cheese. 

Love them both however, Tom too...

I have to agree as well, the Pearl is like driving a Bus on ropes compared with the Cup!!
Less misfires in the Pearl though, yes? Wink
Having forgotten the MOT on the wifes Beetle ran out on the 1st, I used the chummy as my daily transport to the office for the most of last week. Found its a super thing for shopping too. Its basically like a pickup.

[Image: 239231571_10224119790517065_332105045216...e=615AE710]

Have now got an MOT on the Beetle, but also bought an Automatic one for the wife over the weekend. So the Focus is getting the flick. So we will both be driving the german things from here on. Mine with a clutch, hers without.