The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The hill-climb car project returned home this morning after having the front end done by Duncan Grimmond.          
The rear end reminds me of the red, paper mache, one you brought to Doune many years ago.
The rear end will be detachable so as to shorten the car and make it easier to transport.  I have not decided yet what it will be made out of but I think it will be a very light wooden 'rib cage' with a fabric covering.
Malcolm, that looks rather nice. ?
Alan Fairless
I imagine it will go like absolute stink, which is excellent!
Thank you for the kind comments.    At present it is fitted with a fairly standard spare engine so it will not fly, but sitting so low it will probably be fast enough for me until the proper engine is built.    It does have a rather menacing frontal aspect which Duncan thinks looks rather like a basking shark, especially if I turn it over!
Perhaps the rear end should have a  dorsal fin?

A few pictures now that the white protective plastic has been peeled off to let the patination begin.  The bonnet top is sprung in place and will have a leather strap to retain it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   20210626_165749.jpg (Size: 204.16 KB / Downloads: 242)

A wedding (phew... we made it) and an old garage picture...
Well done Nick

I’ll be doing the same at the end of July.  However the bride (our daughter) has been told, no huge dress! Getting in and out of the back seat of the RK is a skill even with out wedding gear  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Just taken my first proper drive in Ruby since a major restoration (put a few miles on the clock instead of just pootling around the block). What a delight to be back behind the wheel after 40 years and discover that the muscle-memory is coming back to me; I still need to remember to cancel the indicator but at least I'm not floundering around for the gear stick any more. Filled up with fuel in Bakewell and managed to create a puddle of petrol on the forecourt.... must get the petrol gauge working..... any tips gratefully received.