The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That looks good and is a close match to my mate's 1933 standard RP saloon which was/is all over blue.
Nothing wrong with a bright blue Seven! My RM was a special order in Light Royal Blue & Turquoise:

After some fiddling about I found the cause was the fuel pump sticking so I fitted his spare which has a priming lever and everything is operational. The reluctant pump finally decided to work, i suspect it's a symptom of lack of use.
It is 7 years since my friends RP was used and following the stuck fuel pump I finally went round and took his car for a drive to my garage for a service prior to a bit of use. It needed some fresh petrol in the float chamber to start and it ran well with everything working. On arrival I changed the engine oil and then decided to drain the fuel tank of the stale petrol which stank, it took 2 hours to drain 1 gallon. Looking in the filler I can see a lot of crude on the bottom of the tank so tomorrows job will be to drop the tank off and attempt to wash the crude out. I think it will take a bit longer than removing an RN tank.

Collected the new scuttle tank intended for the Chummy, pictured above the donor tank the capacity of which had been significantly reduced by foamy goo leak preventing material. So the question is, what should it be painted with?
I would use a two pack high build etch primer followed by two pack black solid colour...I haven’t tried it yet, but the next tank I do I’m going try sloshing the same material inside as well, I’m hoping being two pack it will provide both petrol and corrosion resistance.
    The tanks off and this is the view through the petrol gauge sender hole, now how to clean it.
Gravel (6mm), water and a cement mixer seems to be favoured but if it's gone thin it might be a bit harsh...
My tank had baffles in it, so the gravel method wouldn't work. I had to have it professionally cleaned and sealed. Cost me £200 but was worth every penny!
[attachment=14106

MGCC Herefordshire nav rally for Inter-Reg  cars today. The start was at Westons Cider at Much Marcle. The third Seven entered was the Bradshaw's Chummy, cardan joint challenges meant it turned up at the start after some cars had already set off. When scores were announced at the end of the day, all  three Sevens were all in the top ten. The pictured  Chummy is Liz and Rob Rhodes quite recently acquired car, which may have trialling history. Does anyone recognise it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)