The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
sorry, yes Chris, you are right - it's ZIP stove polish. Very black and in a tube.
That's a pity. If I ever find a sleepy old ironmonger's shop with a stash of Zebrite still on the shelf I shall buy the lot!
Great chassis dchw. Looks better than new.
(03-05-2021, 09:13 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: The double knurled plunger is the main plunger Tony, my previuos photo may be misleading as the pipe has been through 180 degrees to allow the assembly to be installed 180 degrees from original so I have the reserve in the cab where it can be grabbed if the need arises. Those O rings were advertised in a club magazine and are still on the internet I don't advise their use because by the time you have crushed them up to stop leakage you can't move the taps.
Thanks, Dave. That such a simple thing ..... should prove such a conundrum! I found the same result with the "O" ring seals - though I've not yet tried sanding them down in the lathe; that might work; we'll see.
Hi All

I’ve started work on a Zenith FZ22.  The idea being to tune it ready to fit to my “sleeper” engine (standard on the outside but tuned on the inside).

First job on the carb was to replace the ginormous butterfly (4mm thick with a 9mm collar). There is a lot more space for vapour flow now but the screws will block it back up.  Has anyone tried soldering the butterfly in?

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   52A1AA79-B4A5-4778-A427-83CAC46B3650.jpeg (Size: 108.27 KB / Downloads: 399)
.jpeg   2F5AC0D8-450B-4249-872F-5FBA34EF7985.jpeg (Size: 86.83 KB / Downloads: 399)
thin the spindle down aerodynamically with the exception of where the screws are?
I have laways done that, but at full vacuum there is quite a total force on the butterfly
Soldering the butterfly valve to the spindle will work but make it difficult to remove... I'd be tempted to polish it where you can having removed as much metal as you dare!
Set the thing up before assembling to the carb. File flats. On the spindle and shorten the screws to match. With care you can solder the screws in on assembly.
Alan Fairless

Another fifty miles driven in the seven today. Second vaccination, picnic in daughter's garden, collection from Screwfix and bought some ironmongery at the local market.