The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That's it Tony, the pipe in the tank was rotated through 180 degrees then in order to fit the taps they have to be turned through 180 degrees then when I ran out in the outside lane of the M8 I just reached over and pulled the reserve tap out. Simple, why Austin had the reserve under the bonnet is beyond me.

(22-04-2021, 07:41 PM)sparkeysprite Wrote: ... but luckily we were only a mile or so from where my little red special is stabled and it was all downhill so I was able to freewheel down and swap 7s and complete the journey home !  The problem with the boat tail will have to wait until the weekend..

Now you know why people have several Austin Sevens  Big Grin
It isn't so much what have i done with my Austin seven today, but rather what it has been up to this week.

Last Sunday, I took young Leon for a trundle over the mountains towards Trawsfynydd and then back through Llanfachreth. The little car went very well, except for a high speed vibration as we came back along the A494 to Bala.  total mileage about 25.

.jpg   S016I001.JPG (Size: 112.39 KB / Downloads: 403)

Up on the Moors

.jpg   S016I002.JPG (Size: 117.19 KB / Downloads: 402)

.jpg   S016I003.JPG (Size: 82.39 KB / Downloads: 402)

.jpg   S016I004.JPG (Size: 96.11 KB / Downloads: 403)

.jpg   S016I005.JPG (Size: 139.43 KB / Downloads: 401)

Coming through Coed Brenin

.jpg   S016I007.JPG (Size: 112.85 KB / Downloads: 402)

The church at Llanfachreth

Given the recent thread on the point, I knew exactly what it was, and, lo and behold, on close examination, the fabric coupling was beginning to part company in just one place. A new one was ordered a on Monday, arrived Tuesday and was fitted on Wednesday morning.

Leon wanted to go over to Llangollen to visit a couple of school friends and this offered an ideal opportunity for a test drive, so, after going over to Llangynog to feed the horses, we set off down to Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant, and then through 15 miles of single track lanes through Cwmdu and over to Glynceiriog. We had a small stop on the way, as we could smell petrol all of a sudden - the carburettor float chamber had come loose. From there we went up Church Hill, which is a long 1 in 4 climb in bottom gear and then over the tops to Llangollen. It is almost as steep down into the town and the brakes smelt very hot when we got to the bottom! I dropped young Leon off and went home the flat way up the A5. Apart from the slight carburettor problem, the car went very well and covered the 50 or so miles of the round trip with aplomb.
(22-04-2021, 07:59 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(22-04-2021, 05:18 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: No jesting Bob, I have a stack of boxes that I had stored in my old sheds before I moved to the Isle of Wight and then moved back to the mainland and all sorts of surprises have turned up, but nothing as good as this one, which I’d forgotten I had!

I'm still hopeful that one day you will find a small piece of silver foil...

I haven’t forgotten Nick!
(22-04-2021, 08:17 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: That's it Tony, the pipe in the tank was rotated through 180 degrees then in order to fit the taps they have to be turned through 180 degrees then when I ran out in the outside lane of the M8 I just reached over and pulled the reserve tap out. Simple, why Austin had the reserve under the bonnet is beyond me.

Thanks, I get now exactly what you did. At the tap is mounted on a bracket forward of the tank's front face, the feed pipe to the main supply is cranked so that it can pass around the resulting bend. Hence, turning the tap through 180, means the pipe has to be turned through 180 as well.
You may think I'm joking about the M8 however, there is a junction entry ramp on the M8 in Glasgow which puts you in the fast lane, fortunately it was early one Sunday morning with no traffic around. It's why i prefer the Phillips navigators road map to sat nav.
you can always programme sat nav with "avoid motorways"....at least you can with my one.
(23-04-2021, 09:22 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: You may think I'm joking about the M8 however, there is a junction entry ramp on the M8 in Glasgow which puts you in the fast lane, fortunately it was early one Sunday morning with no traffic around. It's why i prefer the Phillips navigators road map to sat nav.
Those large-scale Phillips road maps really are wonderful. Packed with detail and highly recommended.

(23-04-2021, 09:32 AM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: you can always programme sat nav with "avoid motorways"....at least you can with my one.

My old and wonderful TomTom (where you can type in your own warning for speed cameras, etc) allows this. The SatNav built into my modern comes with a 6-month long computer course before you can type in a postcode.....
Got out our LHD 2 seater/Opal (still not sure which) after a seemingly long winter/slow spring. Started readily and we put the hood up for the very first time in our ownership. Bit of trepidation here because of the non original windscreen (a rakish sloping job) and not sure if hood would fit -which it thankfully did. Looks OK to me.
Now to check it over in preparation for its first CT (French MOT) so we can get it registered on French plates. Charlie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lovely little car! Where are you in France? And do you pass a CT in british plates?