The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I’ve sold it! Please may I stay on the forum?
Very nice David. I shall be using TH the rest of this week, my Ford Focus has developed some odd clunking from the rear suspension and is booked in the garage on Thursday for some TLC.
David, you certainly seem to win the prize for getting the most use out of your 7! (despite living in one of the hilliest areas)
Hi Duncan

No never log in again don’t dare post again.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  and wash your mouth out with soap and water........

Only joking 

I, for one, would miss your contributions terribly.  You never know you may get another Seven.

Cheers

Howard
Good on you, Duncan.   If you want to keep your hand in with Austin 7's, my hillclimb special is in need of your talents to get it finished!
(23-03-2021, 02:34 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Very nice David. I shall be using TH the rest of this week, my Ford Focus has developed some odd clunking from the rear suspension and is booked in the garage on Thursday for some TLC.

Thank you Hedd. It's nice to know that TH is still doing what Sevens are supposed to do. When all this lockdown business is over, we shall ahve to arrange for TH and FG to meet up.
(23-03-2021, 02:59 PM)sparkeysprite Wrote: David, you certainly seem to win the prize for getting the most use out of your 7!  (despite living in one of the hilliest areas)

Thank you Sparkeysprite. In my book, there is no point in owning a car just to have it sit in the garage as an ornament. besides, its such fun to drive!
Malcolm, you know where to find me...
If the right one presents itself I may get another...
I've made up a towbar to take the free camping trailer I recently acquired online!
 Chances are it will mostly be used to take the wheelie bin to the end of the road

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For the first time in four months I had a good run out today staying within the COVID limited 5 mile radius from home but achieving 20 miles in total.
However the trip was cut short when a strong smell of petrol led me to the carburettor which was pumping petrol out of the top of the float bowl. (1 1/8” SU Carb) A sticking needle was soon sorted.
This is what I found when I dismantled the inline filter, float bowl and fuel pump at home.

I did not have a filter in the carburettor banjo so proceeded to make one from fine brass mesh.
This was cut to size, rolled round a bar then fitted in place, a touch of solder along the join to finish.
Hopefully this will cure today’s problem. As long as I remember to clean it occasionally!

Roger

Certainly looks better than a hideous plastic in line filter.